PDA

View Full Version : ThanX Kat and Kurv Studios

knightwave3d
03-11-2010, 11:07 AM
I wanted to Thank Kelly “Kat” for allowing me to attend his last webinar. I love Lightwave and was starting to fall under the pressure that if I don’t learn Maya, that I won’t be employable. Nice to get inspiration that the program I feel is superior was really the right choice. Autodesk has a great marketing strategy, and I almost fell for it, but Lightwave is the best at what it was designed to do. (The sport of entertainment and imagination). ThanX Kat, I won’t be pressured again. Hopefully the new guy for San Antonio, and Rob Powers can help the community know what they should be considering as the right choice.

ThanX again Kat.
---Knight Barden
PS. and ThanX Kurv Studios

kurv
03-11-2010, 11:29 AM
Thats AWESOME to hear, yep, as the song says....

Don't, Don't don't don't believe the hype!!!

First post too.... welcome!

Markc
03-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Will the interview be available on the ILWUG soon, as I missed it 'Live'.
Was really looking forward to it. :)

calilifestyle
03-11-2010, 01:43 PM
yes please post these interviews for viewing. please please...

djlithium
03-12-2010, 05:03 AM
A yes, the different modes of kat.

There is happy kat,
Meowing Kat
Render Kat,
Lighting Kat
Mixing Kat (aka DJing Kat)
MadKat (isn't that from mechwarrior?)
SillyKat
SleepyKat (if I had my way at least 18 hours a day)
FluffyKat
HelpingKat
ActionKat(s) *armor not included
RoboKat (dead or alive you're coming with me...)
TranceKat
TechnoKat
HouseKat
KelKat
Imperial kAT-kAT
KAT!
Mr. Kat
Master Kat
Kelikaticam (Klingon for kilometers in Kat distances)
StressKat
DPKat (no thats not a new plug-in from Denis P. where it ships with a Kat in every download, that's for "Dr Pepper" Kat, the other DP Meowdal Kat is still in development)
PassedOutKat (see sleeping Kat)
KittyKat
Edukat-ional
UnemployedKat (once again, just happened today)
KrazyKat
MyFistoKat
SophistoKat
EmeowlingKat
The list goes on, but now I can add ContentiousKat.

djlithium
03-12-2010, 05:04 AM
I wanted to Thank Kelly “Kat” for allowing me to attend his last webinar. I love Lightwave and was starting to fall under the pressure that if I don’t learn Maya, that I won’t be employable. Nice to get inspiration that the program I feel is superior was really the right choice. Autodesk has a great marketing strategy, and I almost fell for it, but Lightwave is the best at what it was designed to do. (The sport of entertainment and imagination). ThanX Kat, I won’t be pressured again. Hopefully the new guy for San Antonio, and Rob Powers can help the community know what they should be considering as the right choice.

ThanX again Kat.
---Knight Barden
PS. and ThanX Kurv Studios

You are very Welcome! Keep stopping by for more goodies from Kurv and also hit www.battlestarvfx.com and join us on the forums there. Lot's of fun stuff-Kat activities going on.

SBowie
03-12-2010, 07:52 AM
The list goes on, but now I can add ContentiousKat.I may have overlooked it (you should alphabetize the list), but I think you overlooked "Hellkat" ;)

Triodin
03-12-2010, 08:26 AM
KoolKat

Kuzey
03-12-2010, 08:35 AM
Need a break....have a Kit Kat :)

Kuzey

VicMackey
03-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Don't forget BloodyMarvelousKat! Watching Kat's webinars has changed my whole direction in my work for the better. I'm now a proud Fusion owner, and my Lightwave renders are all the better for it!

Markc
04-25-2010, 09:22 AM
Any sign of Kelly's interview coming to the ILWUG soon?

kurv
04-25-2010, 10:39 AM
I will get it online this coming week :) Sorry...

www.ilwug.com

kurv
04-25-2010, 10:43 PM
So true Dave, so true..

Markc
04-26-2010, 12:32 PM
That's great news, thanks Wes :)

Markc
05-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Wes, is the Kelly Myers interview still going to be posted to ilwug site?
No pressure!
p.s. the Tim Albee interview was great :)

djlithium
05-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Thanks for all your great compliments guys.
FYI I have started up another site along side my www.battlestarvfx.com (http://www.battlestarvfx.com) to help out the Lightwave3D community in general.
This new site is located at www.liberty3d.com (http://www.liberty3d.com)
Please drop by and check it out. We are still in the process of getting a few things up and running but for the most part its rocking and we have been testing it successfully for the last week or so.

Fun times! And thank you for your support.