PDA

View Full Version : Apartment

Iain
03-11-2010, 05:21 AM
A scene I put together inspired by sets from the upcoming Kick-*** (which looks great if you aren't aware of it already!).

It should probably be in WIP but I don't imagine I'll take it any further.

Sculpture is a version of Marc Quinn's Self which is also worth a google :)

sampei
03-11-2010, 05:33 AM
you're interiors are perfect!
how long did this piece take roughly ?
also I have question about white walls, have they got some kind of subtle variation (noise?) in them or is the variation created by radiosity ?

monovich
03-11-2010, 01:35 PM
looks great except for the noise. maxwell?

ingo
03-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Odd, have you forgotten to clean your glasses ? Seems everything is kindoff out of focus, and what are the (light)-circles on the floor ? Come on, give us a kick-a.. Fprime rendering

Snosrap
03-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Your slippin Iain. Good but not your usual great.

shrox
03-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Iain didn't put that much into it because I plan to party there this weekend and trash the place. Not my apartment...

Iain
03-12-2010, 02:22 AM
Ah-so you post one decent render and you can't put any old lazy crap up anymore eh?

Thanks guys-I did feel this was WIP but I lost interest before the modelling was done and hoped to get some motivation to finish it here.

It was a 15 minute LW render so the noise was added to try and take away the blandness.

Update to come :D

UnCommonGrafx
03-12-2010, 04:53 AM
I liked the noise: high asa/iso rated film would give you that look. Plus some other tricks you could do with development that would 'grow' such grain.
Weirdly, the focal plane seems to be to the left, at the statue, or the lighting is just more suited to seeing it. And I think it's a really good dof setting; I always overdue it because it's not noticable enough for me or it doesn't convey the sense of depth I'm looking for.
You've got depth but not toy-sized depth.
The lights... in todays economic conditions, think green. :) Turn'em off.

Snosrap
03-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Ah-so you post one decent render and you can't put any old lazy crap up anymore eh?

You. No. Your too good for mediocrity. Don't blame us, you did it to yourself. :D Looking forward to the update.

Iain
03-15-2010, 10:06 AM
Bit of a change in direction.

Think I like it but there are bad radiosity artifacts.

meshpig
03-19-2010, 03:23 AM
I like it but looks more like a Library than an Apartment. OK, so it's now an apartment where it used to be a library but you'd lose the plinth and push the shelves apart?

Is that a procedural ripple on the leather couch?