PDA

View Full Version : Baking Volumetrics outputting JPGs!?

Triodin
03-10-2010, 09:21 PM
Hey all -

Finally got a PC to run LW in tandem with my Mac.

Trying to bake some Hypervox for a nebula and it's outputting JPG's where on my mac it would be a nice .mov - anyone know where I need to go to fix this?

-Johnny-

prometheus
03-11-2010, 02:18 AM
thatīs odd..you should get the to options tab to set compression types after the baking process is initiated.

try change extension from jpg to mov perhaps.

Michael

Triodin
03-11-2010, 06:30 AM
That's what I thought, but nada, the "save as" dialog only prodives *.* or "all files" if I manually enter .mov or .avi it just converts the file to "filename.mov001.jpg" or "filename.avi001.jpg".

Totally 100% stumped, as you're right, it should pop up with a compressor settings, but nothing.

Win 7 running 64 bit, btw.

-Johnny-

BeeVee
03-11-2010, 01:24 PM
That's your problem right there. There is no 64-bit version of Quicktime for Windows.

B

prometheus
03-12-2010, 02:29 AM
That's your problem right there. There is no 64-bit version of Quicktime for Windows.

B

Ouch..
:compbeati

Michael

Cageman
06-22-2010, 08:39 AM

B

But you can export Previews etc in Quicktime format if you run 32-bit LW on 64-bit Vista. So, not sure why it doesn't work with Hypervoxels if it works with previews.

prometheus
06-22-2010, 08:44 AM
But you can export Previews etc in Quicktime format if you run 32-bit LW on 64-bit Vista. So, not sure why it doesn't work with Hypervoxels if it works with previews.

beats me? donīt have 64 bit yet, but youre saying that you were using 32 bit lw on 64 bit vista for hypervoxels baking too? then it sure seems odd why the baking isnīt working, something with the codecs perhaps.

Michael

Cageman
06-22-2010, 09:58 PM
beats me? donīt have 64 bit yet, but youre saying that you were using 32 bit lw on 64 bit vista for hypervoxels baking too? then it sure seems odd why the baking isnīt working, something with the codecs perhaps.

Michael

Yeah... it doesn't seem to work with 32-bit LW. I never managed to get it to work at least. Tried a bunch of different codecs. Either there is a bug in LW, or it is related to the OS (64-bit).