PDA

View Full Version : Corey Haim found dead

biliousfrog
03-10-2010, 07:02 AM
Corey found dead of suspected overdose.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/ktla-corey-haim-obit,0,1628364.story

He was as much a part of my youth as BMX, big hair, hi-top trainers, garish knitwear and big sunglasses....actually, everything that's popular again now

robertoortiz
03-10-2010, 07:16 AM
I will always remember him for some of my favorite films of the 80's,
His best work can be found in films like
Lucas (a painfully honest flick about High school) , and Silver Bullet (A Stephen King tale of a handicapped kid, his sister and their alcoholic uncle vs. a werewolf) .

And of course his filmography cannot be complete without the “The Lost Boys.”

May he rest in peace.

-R

lwaddict
03-10-2010, 07:25 AM
"Lucas"
"Lost Boys"...You're a freakin' bloodsucking vampire Mike, I'm gonna tell Mom!

Sad, but you choose your path and he had many opportunities to get help.
Still, I'll always remember that youthful cocky kid that seemed to have it all.

monovich
03-10-2010, 10:34 AM
"Lucas"
I'll always remember that youthful cocky kid that seemed to have it all.

yeah, its such a reality check. people who seem to have it all rarely do. we live in an upside-down world.

shrox
03-10-2010, 10:36 AM
I just scared I am going outlive everybody I like, then have to face new entertainers I have no clue about.

robertoortiz
03-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Well i feel your pain.
For me the what has been blowing my mind is the people younger than me dying.

And lately it has been happening a lot.
In a period of one year I have seen two younger friends of mine die.
One was 25, (heart attack) and the other 35 (embolysm).
Back on topic, I do feel that the rift between my tates and those of the younger set is beggning to show.

hrgiger
03-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Sad really. It's probably easy to say this, but it's astounding the opportunities that some people waste.

robertoortiz
03-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Sad really. It's probably easy to say this, but it's astounding the opportunities that some people waste.
Agreed.
I think what gets some of us is how he squandered the promise he showed in his earlier work.
It is sad how he just became another Hollywood has been by the time the 90ís had rolled in.
What a waste.

biliousfrog
03-11-2010, 01:32 AM
Agreed.
I think what gets some of us is how he squandered the promise he showed in his earlier work.
It is sad how he just became another Hollywood has been by the time the 90ís had rolled in.
What a waste.

On the plus side he didn't become Eddie Murphy or any of the other cringe inducing 80's stars that would do anything to stay on screen and losing all credibility in the process.

OnlineRender
03-11-2010, 01:46 AM
On the plus side he didn't become Eddie Murphy or any of the other cringe inducing 80's stars that would do anything to stay on screen and losing all credibility in the process.

Charlie Murphy is the exact opposite of that . :P