PDA

View Full Version : Autodesk 2011 Products announces

3D Kiwi
03-09-2010, 06:32 PM
http://area.autodesk.com/products

Looks like some good stuff there esp for Softimage

ikeahloe
03-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Cool. Maya won't look as much like crap in Linux with qt.

I wonder if their use of Qt was inspired by core. They probably would have used it anyways.

I hope this Lightwave CORE stuff pans out. I'd buy a membership/9.6 but i'm not sure if it comes with just an upgraded lightwave, or the shipping core v1. Seeing as I only need the linux release, it's a risky buy. I'll never have money for maya so i'll probably buy in to core soon anyways. Plus i hate autodesk like everyone else.

either way, I'm glad maya is getting a worthwhile upgrade, 2010 seemed kind of lame as an upgrade.

TeZzy
03-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Mudbox is looking good.

Intuition
03-13-2010, 03:50 PM

I wonder if their use of Qt was inspired by core. They probably would have used it anyways.

I hope this Lightwave CORE stuff pans out. I'd buy a membership/9.6 but i'm not sure if it comes with just an upgraded lightwave, or the shipping core v1. Seeing as I only need the linux release, it's a risky buy. I'll never have money for maya so i'll probably buy in to core soon anyways. Plus i hate autodesk like everyone else.

either way, I'm glad maya is getting a worthwhile upgrade, 2010 seemed kind of lame as an upgrade.

I actually prefer Maya's look in linux over windows... but nokia looks slick and will probably feel nice as a maya UI.

Silkrooster
03-14-2010, 10:37 PM

Purchasing 9.6 now includes the shipping version of core. I believe it still comes with the membership to HC.

Red_Oddity
03-15-2010, 04:15 AM
First Maya since 2009 i'm excited about.
Has some really cool features we LW-ers have taken for granted for years but i always missed in Maya.
And off course a butt-load of other really cool features.

OnlineRender
03-15-2010, 10:27 AM
I actually prefer Maya's look in linux over windows... but nokia looks slick and will probably feel nice as a maya UI.

Linux + Maya = pure power !

ikeahloe
03-15-2010, 04:57 PM
i second that. I wonder if maya 2011 in linux will render out video. good for previewing and school, (turning in video assignments last minute)

i also had audio playback issues in maya for linux, hard for lipsync

*** also thanks for the lwcore info, i'm buying 9.6 once i finish this project and get paid for it.

cresshead
03-15-2010, 05:41 PM
that's the hassle with linux...most stuff doesn't work...sorta makes the free o/s abit mute...litteraly when you can't get audio working or video to work...as annoying as microsoft windows is it DOES work and work reliebly...same with osx

Intuition
03-15-2010, 06:56 PM
Yeah as much as I love the performance gains in Linux there are some simple things that just make me go "Really... its 2010 and we still haven't standardized sound in linux?".

Again, love the gains. Hate the setup. Sometimes I am installing software and it needs libraryX downloads or whatever and I wonder... "why sn't this included with the software install?".