PDA

View Full Version : Needing rolling shutter correction.

radams
03-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Some filter...or the ability to work with a plugin...that helps to correct rolling shutter issues that the new video and DSLR using CMOS chips create.

As a pre edit tool (non realtime)

http://www.thefoundry.co.uk/pkg_overview.aspx?ui=47C4AB50-4636-4326-87D1-FB380B2119EF

Cheers,

Richvideo
03-09-2010, 02:15 PM
I agree we need this and a few other types of filters...A good filter toolbox is a must

A Skin Detail filter

Deinterlacer with Motion Sensitivity
White causes interpolation and black passes the original pixel through unchanged.
Setting the Sensitivity to 100 interpolates all pixels. Increase the value until interlace(combing) artifacts disappear.

Pencil Sketch
This filter takes input from an image clip and converts this into a hand-drawn pencil sketch style animation.

DV image fixer
The primary purpose of this filter is to remove diagonal stair-caseing (also known as aliasing or jaggies) that are apparent in images
or clips that have been subject to DV compression, while maintaining the overall sharpness of the input image.

Glow Alpha
The Glow Alpha Edges filter applies a glow that adheres closely to the contours of the
image clip's alpha channel or mask. This filter is designed for use with masks or images that
have an alpha channel.

radams
03-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Hi Rich,

I think we should try to keep things focused on each filter or plugin as separate requests...that way it is easier for NT to look at and evaluate.

Cheers,

Rich Deustachio
03-11-2010, 10:13 AM
Some filter...or the ability to work with a plugin...that helps to correct rolling shutter issues that the new video and DSLR using CMOS chips create.

As a pre edit tool (non realtime)

http://www.thefoundry.co.uk/pkg_overview.aspx?ui=47C4AB50-4636-4326-87D1-FB380B2119EF

Cheers,

Do all CMOS cameras have this problem? It's really horrible from the looks of that video. I would be complaining to the manufacturer instead of loking for a post fix for it. If I know a camera is doing this I wouldn't buy it.

radams
03-11-2010, 04:15 PM
FWIK, Yes all CMOS based cameras will have it in some form or fashion.

So unless you see CCD on the side of the camera...it is most likely CMOS.

Cheers,