PDA

View Full Version : Finished? Doesn't look like it...

hrgiger
02-27-2003, 09:01 AM
Just curious, but why do we have a finished gallery, yet still most everything in here is WIP's? Perhaps the list moderators should turn off posting replies in the finished gallery so that people know that when they post in here, they won't get any responses and the piece according to them is done? Just a though.

hrgiger
02-27-2003, 09:02 AM
or thoughT I mean...

Skonk
02-27-2003, 09:32 AM
This is exactly why i kept saying that 2 gallery sections was a stupid idea.

James..

Elmar Moelzer
02-27-2003, 10:07 AM
Yupp SpankDaddy, jsut what I said, but it seemed the majority was for it, now they will have to live with it, I can adapt...
CU
Elmar

hrgiger
02-27-2003, 11:18 AM
Well, they can call them finished if they want to sure Elmar, but I still feel like I'm browsing 2 WIP galleries.

Skonk
02-27-2003, 11:20 AM
Im not even sure the majority did want it, its just that ppl dont send e-mails to newtek to say they dont want a WIP section just on the off chance they were thinking about doing it.

James..

Zarathustra
02-27-2003, 11:29 AM
I have to agree with giger. This is just plain stupid.

In fact, it just makes me want to really BLAST someone who posts a WIP in the "finished" forum. Something like, "You call that finished? look at the ____ and the ____ is screwed here and here and _______ ."

This REALLY bothers me. Especially since most of the posting is done in this forum as opposed to the WIP forum, even though most of the postings have "WIP" in their title!

When was this vote? I wish I was here.

There are 2 forums like this on other sites, but somehow people there can tell the difference between WIP and FINISHED. That doesn't reflect well on the users here, I guess.

ugh

:mad:

hrgiger
02-27-2003, 11:42 AM
Proton, I haven't seen you chime in on anything recently. What are you up to? Hopefully something good.

What's your take on this?

Intuition
02-27-2003, 11:47 AM
I just noticed it since you mentioned this. I used the URL to get directly to this forum and didnt see the tree above it :0

Jockomo
02-27-2003, 12:38 PM
Art is rarely ever "finished" and someone will always come along and put their 2cents in. Something one person may considered finished, is only half done in someone elses eyes. Someone may considered something finished because they don't want to spend more time on it and just want to show it off.

It seems to me that if this really bothers enough people, then sure, maybe they should make it so that you can't post replys, only rate an image. That would be nice, but, is this forum app is even flexable enough to do that?

Besides...doesn't this post belong in the general discussion forum? :p

robpauza
02-27-2003, 10:56 PM
Maybe add a "Finished, I Think" section also. :D

Actually, I agree that a lot of these "finished" works seem to turn into WIPs (myself included), but I think that critique is an extremely important aspect of art. I don't think that turning off the ability to post replys is the answer. Maybe just a Sticky would be enough to remind people that the "Finished" forum is for posting only "Finished artwork" and that any thread that becomes a WIP will be moved into the "WIP" section at the moderators disgretion. Violators will also be shot. (maybe leave that last part out) ;)

Just my humble opinion,
-Rob

oxyg3n
02-28-2003, 02:24 AM
I also liked it better without the wip forum, Now I feel like I have to do double duty to make sure I have seen everyones work.

Maybe that is just being lazy though, but it is nice not to have to navigate to the other forum. Maybe they could just require you to put WIP in the title so that people now before they look at it and Finished in the title if it is finished.

hrgiger
02-28-2003, 03:15 PM
Great Suggestion Rob. We definately need to rename the finished gallery to "I think it's finished, but let's face it, I'm probably not".

And yes, I definately agree with the idea of turning of responses and only being able to rate it.

Maybe it's just a few of us, I don't know. I just hate it when I open up the finished gallery, maybe even looking for a little inspiration, and seeing a model, half built, half textured, with the words "well, whadda ya think" after it. That, or people just feel the need to critique a piece that's supposedly finished on ways to improve it, then updates come.... That sounds like a WIP to me.

pookie
02-28-2003, 09:01 PM
Perhaps a new section entitled, "I have no life so I'll complain about something trivial".

There does seem to be a demand for such a section based of what is here.

hrgiger
02-28-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by pookie
Perhaps a new section entitled, "I have no life so I'll complain about something trivial".

You mean like you complaining about us complaining?:rolleyes:

Epita
03-01-2003, 10:39 AM
Perhaps a new section entitled, "I have no life so I'll complain about something trivial". Wait, thats not what the community section is for! That makes sence?

Epita