PDA

View Full Version : Am I crazy? Do/did you guys experince this when starting out with 3D

Chrizto
03-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Hi.
I don|t know if I should post this on a forum or see my shrink, but, thing is, I'm totally far-out.
Is it normal for a beginner like myself to spend LOTS of money on different 3D software packages, and not be able to settle for just ONE? (or two).

I mean, I currently have legal licenses for 3DS MAX 2010, Maya 2010, MotionBuilder 2010, XSI 2010, Mudbox 2010, Lightwave 9.6/Core, Modo 401, Cinema 4D, Combustion 2009, plus the previous version of each, as I've done some upgrades...

I've been fooling around in 3D apps for maybe three years or so, but, still, I'm not able to produce a single complete project in either one.
I know that everybody says that "It's just a tool", but I disagree.

If you're a carpenter, you can do without a water cannon (in most cases).

So, is this Normal? Ok, so I have my ADD and Bipolar Depression (explains the purchases...), but, is this sane?
Have you guys too, been trolling around for some time before "settling in"??

Jeez this is annoying.... (and quite embarrassing)

:help:

ericsmith
03-08-2010, 05:37 PM
Well, you're talking about roughly $15,000 - $20,000 worth of software there, along with maybe something like $3,000 - $5,000 every year for the AD maintenance contracts.

Most beginners don't have the luxury of being able to afford more than one or two packages.

So to answer your question, no, most beginners don't struggle with this issue, any more than most of us computer geeks have trouble deciding which one of our many supermodel girlfriends to settle down with and get married to. :p

Eric

Ernest
03-08-2010, 05:40 PM
When some of us were beginners, there was Lightwave and there were $50,000 applications that ran only in SGI Irix workstations. So we didn't have that problem at all :)

ericsmith
03-08-2010, 05:54 PM
All kidding aside, I think the real problem is that you're hoping the tools will do the work for you.

The fact is, they really are "just tools", and finishing a project requires you to do it.

If you spend time just tinkering with the software (and having that much gives you plenty of opportunity to do that), then it makes sense that you'll never get anywhere. You need to turn off the computer, sit down with a piece of paper and plan something out. Then outline each of the steps required to go from nothing to finished project. Now you can get back into one of the apps and do just one item from that outline. Which app you use will be based on which one is best for that particular step, and honestly, for most of them, it won't matter.

After all the items on that list are completed, you'll have a finished project. It will probably suck big time. But you'll have learned some things, and if you get back into it and try again (either with a new one or revising the original) it will be better this time.

The more you repeat this process, the better you'll get.

Eric

Snosrap
03-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Yeah just do a project. Start with a still life and go from there, but do a project.

hrgiger
03-08-2010, 06:10 PM
I've seen people do amazing stuff with $200 3D software. The tools are only a part of the answer. If you're not putting in the other part in effort, you're throwing your money away.

Riff_Masteroff
03-08-2010, 06:15 PM
How much time per week do you spend using these apps?

If you are merely a collector, then I recommend purchasing Rhino, Fusion, Nuke, After Effects, Polytrans (with all the extra gizmos) and downloading Blender for good measure.

Seriously, like Parsons suggests, do your own project and do it in just one app. I know, discipline is tough . . . but, being human, you can get some output of your own.

cresshead
03-08-2010, 07:43 PM
...sounds harsh but owning a pencil does not mean your an artist!
it means you own a pencil!!!

stop spending on apps and get some decent training vids/books and put some time in to go thru them not just place them on a shelf!

Ernest
03-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Well he did not say that he had not been able to complete a single project!!
He said that he had not been able to complete a project in either one. That is, I understand, that he has always used multiple apps to complete each project.

...lol

cresshead
03-08-2010, 09:10 PM
jumping from app to app can dilute your skills...

i've dropped Vue infinate, xsi and a few smaller apps

my core 3d apps are now:
lightwave
3dsmax
zbrush

i am playing in core and blender a little mind you!

and the usual additional software
corel draw
xara extreme
painter
sony vegas
flipnote
korg ds10
photoplop
fireworks
flash
combustion 2
toon boom studio

Sensei
03-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Your problem is too much money.. :) If you would have to live from making projects, there wouldn't be option to not finish project before deadline..

3D Kiwi
03-08-2010, 11:32 PM
You need to pick an app even at random and get rid of the others other wise you will never get anywere. I kind of had the same issue deciding on what i should use, but i downloaded trials (little bit cheaper) In the end i decided on XSI and will be giveing blender a go for fluids etc.

Not sure if you can sell the autodesk apps but it dosnt really matter you have wasted alot of money. So if i was you i would make a bouncing ball in each app, use your gut to decide which one you enjoyed more and then burn the rest, may sound like a waste but you will never learn all those apps, so lower you choices, pick one. Then as everyone says start a project, keep it simple so you can finish it then make your next one a bit harder etc.

*Pete*
03-09-2010, 12:30 AM
i have used real 3d (1995) before switching to lightwave.

Back then there was no real competition and i had time to get familiar with lw.
So later, when other apps became competitive and even better, i no longer could change...everytime i tried it felt just wrong to be a newbie again and i returned back to lw...with lw i dont have to think, only to do.

It is more difficult to choose today with apps available...but if you do not pick one, you will never get the experience that gives you familiarity and ease of use.

I suggest you keep apps that complete eachother (anim in xsi + render in lw, for example) and get rid of the rest.

meshpig
03-09-2010, 01:47 AM
I couldn't think of anything more tedious than having that many apps and getting nothing out of them... ADD too is a terrible misnomer for boredom.

- I could venture to say also that BPD is a failure to grasp desire and creativity rather than a psychiatric or physiological condition just that unfortunately, if you get it right you're then likely to be diagnosed as a schizophrenic kind of thing... but I won't. It's just a hunch:)

Intuition
03-09-2010, 02:25 AM
I too am a software junkie. I have actually finished multiple projects in multiple apps over the years. Sometimes I try the demos and find out about a tool or workflow that allows certain things in one app to work much faster then another app. Problem is that each app also requires around 3-6 months of regular use before one can even begin to understand the "intended" workflow and use of the feature set.

Lightwave has modeler and layout which keep things separated into two different mindsets and keyboard shortcuts. Lightwave is a great generalist app. It is not excelling at any given feature more so then any other app but rather has a nice collection of effective A to B work patterns that "Get it done" per say. Often times in Lightwave I would hit certain walls and eventually get creative enough to find a nice solution.

My 2nd App addictions came in the form of modo and Xsi in 2006.

Modo is a great app for modeling first and foremost. Yet if you have LWCAD you can get alot of what you need from modeler. Modo on the other hand has many great modeling tools which modeler does not like mesh sculpting, workplanes, simple selection methods, etc. All these things can be set up in modeler with few exception but overall modo remains my main modeling tool though I am good enough in XSi and Maya to do modeling in those apps as well. Modo's UI is almost like an evolved maya. It has the ability to do pie/marking menus and you can pretty much mold modo to be arranged any way imaginable and set up numerous custom panels and key strokes and custom tools by combining commands in the command window. Modo is the first app I believe could eventually start to give maya a run for its money. Stay tuned.

XSi.... Oh XSi. This is another great generalist app. Like lightwave has a loyal following and is overall the 2nd most user friendly easy learning curve app next to Lightwave. First and foremost in XSi/Softimage is the rigging and animation tools. They are simply amazing. 2nd is the dynamics and fur systems are also quite neat and later on we got ICE which is a great almost Houdini-lite method of executing great effects work in XSI. XSi is also the fastest way to learn mental ray in my opinion. XSi also has a very strong modeling toolset that makes the many redundant buttons in modeler seem.. well.. redundant. Get more accurate results with far less tools since they have been reduced to the basics that cover most needs. Also XSi has one of the newest voxel shader/tracers available in ICE that are hard to beat in any package. Check this out. http://www.screendream.de/fractal_flowers.htm

3dsMax... Max enticed me at first because it was the doorway to vray (my favorite render engine). Then over time I began to really like Max's simplified UI layout. Also max's scene browser has a great way of filtering selections. This was amazing. Which reminds me that XSi has a great scene explorer as well. There were so many great plug-ins for max that it unto itself becomes another cash cow. Rayfire...fumeFX...afterburn...thinking particles.. Oh man I burned through some money on a few projects with max but the effects were so easy to do that I lamented ever using Lightwave again for FX work.

Finally there is Maya.

Maya was an off and on love over the years. I would fire it up every time there was a major release ever since maya 3.0. I never stuck with it though due to the fact that early on it only had its own software renderer which was horrible at a time when Lightwave was doing radiosity when no one else could. Even before renderman.

Eventually I had to start using maya off and on due to projects that began in maya and ended in Lightwave. This was due to the fact that Maya has killer rigging and animation tools which are 2nd to none save for the fact that XSI is a very close 2nd...very close.. millimeters close.

Most of the time I would use Maya and would feel very strange to me having used LW alot and having had alot of Lightwave ingrained thought habits keeping me from seeing what Maya was really doing, rather I was trying to get Maya to act like Lightwave. Not good for breaking out of the box.

What changed all that was that modo was close enough to Lightwave that I began to get habits from modo and that formed a bridge to maya where maya started to feel more like home the Lightwave did. Eventually I had to do some rigging in Maya and just about died realizing how easy it was to do in maya. It just clicked. Immediately. Was similar to XSi with miner steps removed here and there making the process a little quicker then in XSi. The connection editor and nodal views allowed me to hook up any numeric value in the app I could imagine.

Then once I was animating characters I had to try the nCloth due to characters having clothes. Again. About killed over when I found no trouble getting it all to work as assumed. Next I was able to take what I had learned in XSI about mental ray and apply it to Maya. Hypershade was only a mystery for about a week and then I found out it was the most unified way of keeping all shading arranged in acoherent and organized manner. Its confusing at first but once you "get it" its really hard to beat. XSi again close 2nd with its shader trees.

This maya use continued on over the last 2-3 years and in the last year and 3 months Maya is all I have used for work entirely. Coupled with the fact that Vray for Maya came out so I was able to combine Maya with my fav render engine.

In the end. I am now completely at home in Maya. Bought an old SGI O2 computer with Maya 3.0 and 4.0 installed. Opened up Maya 3.0 and couldn't believe that most of the character rigging/animating tools were all there 10 years ago. Wished I had learned them earlier. I have set up so many custom marking menus in maya I can practically turn off the whole interface and just have the 3d viewport and the time line with the floating attribute panel/channelbox. I've gotten dug in really far.

I'ts hard to pick one app though. I can do fumeFX things in Maya with fluid effects but they take a bit longer to sim and render... where as max fume fx can do the same hi quality results in less then half an hour ...sim and render included. Yet Maya fluids can do much more then fume FX overall. Its a trade off here and there. Lighwtave's hypervoxels are easier to set up but take maya's particle system and use it with fluid voxels and you have hypervoxels that act like fumeFX. SIIIICK!

You can get lost in all the apps in tools though, yet I don't regret learning all this software. For me its like playing the Legand OF Zelda when I was a kid. Just new mazes to figure out and weapons to add to my arsenal.

I have used max/Vray for a project back in March of 09. Did an animated logo for Klipsch speaker company in Summer of 08 in Max/Vray as well.

Did have to fire up Lightwave for a quick Maya to LW project in May of 09 due to all the Mray licenses being used up. Was familiar with the workflow since we did the same workflow for Tiberium wars at Eden FX back in 07. Animate in Maya.. render in Lightwave.

Mostly used modo for all modeling needs since 2006. Occasional XSi or Maya modeling sessions depending on how complex the model gets. Zbrush when I need displacement maps. Yet mostly its Maya and Vray these days.

Just finished the Samsung 3d TV ads for the Oscars last week. I heard they were on the air almost too much. Its the one with the bat ray flying out of the tv with all the fish. Lots of fish modeled in modo. Sculpted in Zbrush. Rigged animated in Maya and rendered out of Vray for composite in nuke.

Chrizto
03-09-2010, 02:29 AM
If you spend time just tinkering with the software (and having that much gives you plenty of opportunity to do that), then it makes sense that you'll never get anywhere. You need to turn off the computer, sit down with a piece of paper and plan something out. Then outline each of the steps required to go from nothing to finished project. Now you can get back into one of the apps and do just one item from that outline. Which app you use will be based on which one is best for that particular step, and honestly, for most of them, it won't matter.

After all the items on that list are completed, you'll have a finished project.

Eric

I'll go with that.
I'll try. Thanks for all the responses to this LoonyThread(chrizto.goFigure);

Chrizto
03-09-2010, 02:32 AM

stop spending on apps and get some decent training vids/books and put some time in to go thru them not just place them on a shelf!

Yeah... I have like 50 gigs of training vids as well for all of these apps...
And a bookshelf with hardcopies...

Chrizto
03-09-2010, 02:35 AM
"So if i was you i would make a bouncing ball in each app, use your gut to decide which one you enjoyed more and then burn the rest[...]

Now that's an idea!!!
Laughing my a.. off ;-)

Chrizto
03-09-2010, 02:39 AM
I couldn't think of anything more tedious than having that many apps and getting nothing out of them... ADD too is a terrible misnomer for boredom.

- I could venture to say also that BPD is a failure to grasp desire and creativity rather than a psychiatric or physiological condition just that unfortunately, if you get it right you're then likely to be diagnosed as a schizophrenic kind of thing... but I won't. It's just a hunch:)

Phew! chrizto.LaughLoud();

Chrizto
03-09-2010, 02:44 AM
I too am a software junkie.

Good opening leader! Need to start SJA (SoftwareJunkiesAnonymous)!
Very thorough answer. Thanks. Just needed to quote the opening paragraph!

Please read the rest here:

Rest is here: http://www.newtek.com/forums/showpost.php?p=996294&postcount=15

Chrizto
03-09-2010, 02:49 AM
If all goes bad with the LW software, at least, I now know that this community is one of a kind.
Thanks for all the responses, once again.

With my "conditions" mentally, I have a big urge for creative output.
Thankfully, I do play my Stratocaster, create music with Ableton Live, and like to pencil sketch, and I enjoy writing.

But something drags me to this mysterious 3D world.

*Pete*
03-09-2010, 04:01 AM
If all goes bad with the LW software, at least, I now know that this community is one of a kind.

With my "conditions" mentally, I have a big urge for creative output.

Heh, the lw community is actually one of the better features of lw.

I too have either adhd or add, never got a full diagnostic on it, only a preliminary.
Im super active, i do 5 things at once and cant sit still 5 minutes doing nothing...
But, if im drawing or doing 3d, im in a different world and can focus on it fully.

We should not worry so much about the mental "conditions", we are all different.
All you need to do is to understand your strenght and weakneses, and then build on the strenght and ignore the weaknesses..thats what i do, and it works great ;)

Chrizto
03-09-2010, 05:58 AM
Open, sincere and direct community.
I've gotten seriously burnt when criticizing LW Core in the HC department, but, turns out, they were right, I was wrong. Whatever. (still prefer 9.6.1 on my Mac though).

Absolutely true, what you're saying *pete*.
I'm into ancient Theravada buddhist philosophy and newer buddhist psychology, where those abbreviated clinical terms for being a tad too creative, doesn't have a name. It's part of your personality.

C

inquisitive
03-09-2010, 10:31 AM
KC

Thank you for taking the time to explain your experience with all the software apps. Very informative even for those of us that didn't asked the original question.

Personally I just have LW and I am learning Maya via the v7 and v8.5 PLE versions (off and on).

colkai
03-09-2010, 11:15 AM
When I started, I used only free software that came on Magazine CDs.
With Blender and Wings3D being free, I wouldn't dream of forking out money simply to have more software programs.

Learning is more to do with doing than having, I don't have enough hours in the day to even get to grips with one package, let alone several. Plus, the wife would have my head on a platter for spending money so casually on things I may not even use. :D

I used Povray and Moray to produce a model and animation of my living room, I then did the same in LW once I'd bought that (the only 3D software program I actually didn't get off a cover CD).
If you want to learn a package, why not do something like take up the Speed Challenges here? Or if you fancy giving yourself a good challenge, go over to Foundation 3D and tackle the Serenity modelling tutorial!

colkai
03-09-2010, 11:18 AM
I do play my Stratocaster, create music with Ableton Live, and like to pencil sketch, and I enjoy writing.

Now ain't that bizzare, because lately, I've found myself drifting away from 3D and desperately needing to feed my music soul.

As a result, I've just bought Ableton Live Intro to use with my guitars! (Full Live Suite is somewhat out of my reach). :D

probiner
03-09-2010, 11:26 AM
You can get lost in all the apps in tools though, yet I don't regret learning all this software. For me its like playing the Legand OF Zelda when I was a kid. Just new mazes to figure out and weapons to add to my arsenal.

Heh, the lw community is actually one of the better features of lw.

Touché
Touché

Chrizto
03-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Now ain't that bizzare, because lately, I've found myself drifting away from 3D and desperately needing to feed my music soul.

As a result, I've just bought Ableton Live Intro to use with my guitars! (Full Live Suite is somewhat out of my reach). :D

I ordered the Ableton Live! 8 Suite, boxed...

I'm not a rich man, but I often make some strange choices in regards to money...
Maybe that's why I got a letter about eviction and forced (foreclosure) sales regarding my apartment.

At least I have enough cardboard boxes to build a nice Autodesk House somewhere...
:hey:

rednova
03-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Dear Friend:

Many years ago, when I started learning lightwave, I found out that Will Mendez - a lightwave animator that was kind of very well known- Had almost every possible animation software for amiga computers, including lightwave, aladdin 4d, Imagine, and Real 3d. I deduced that learning all of these different packages made him a better animator in each one of them.

I mainly have been using lightwave 3d for a few years, I am not yet a professional animator but I am working hard to become one. My dream is to produce my own movies using lightwave.
I have a tip: If you learn lightwave...you can easily make animated cartoons like the 'veggietales' and not only can they pay a whole whole lot of money, it is very easy to learn and make in lightwave. Lightwave might not be as good as Maya, but is enough to produce movies that pay lots of money. Is easy to learn too. And without a big big budget.

So why not learn lightwave ? Why not make movies like the veggietales ?
Easy to make and can pay more than maya stuff ?

I just realized for me that with lightwave, all my animation dreams can come thru.

-Splinegod: check his character online class, is complete workshop on character modeling, texturing, rigging and animation.

-Todd Grimes character workshop: also good, available from www.desktop images.com

-3d exchange: excellent online class on becoming lightwave animator.

Personally, I know with lightwave, I can make a good quality movie, pay well, and without mortgaging my home. Even though I never had all these different software, all these years learning lightwave paid off: now I can easily produce an animated movie. I am not a Pro yet, but I can already succeed in animation.

Love,

Rednova

Chrizto
03-09-2010, 02:27 PM
Thanks. I'm getting more and more convinced. I'm working on the tip in an earlier reply.

Sketching out an idea, figuring out how to use the tools required (in LW), then, try the same in a couple of other applications.

After that, It's time for the Features + TCO + Comfort formula...

Given the high TCO of AD apps (not to mention Maxon), and the near complete feature-list found in LW, the answer is most likely obvious...
:lwicon:

Intuition
03-09-2010, 02:52 PM
I have a tip: If you learn lightwave...you can easily make animated cartoons like the 'veggietales' and not only can they pay a whole whole lot of money, it is very easy to learn and make in lightwave. Lightwave might not be as good as Maya, but is enough to produce movies that pay lots of money. Is easy to learn too. And without a big big budget.

This is a great perspective.

The learning curve for maya is much steeper then Lightwave. There is, as I stated before, a workflow in Lightwave that may not be as wide as Maya but is very focused. This is why it does well in quick episodic telivision arena. It gives you a varieity of native solutions that "Get it done" as the marketing says.

Because Lightwave's learning curve is easier it allows you to get in and hit the ground running much faster.

Things that are great about Lightwave that are not in other apps are.

1. Great openGL implementation of previewing. This includes.

- Live visual feedback of displacement on meshes in openGL.

In Vray and Mental you have to do the test render to see what you get. In Lightwave the openGL shows you just how much the mesh is being displaced live and allows you to animate displacement much quicker then the other apps due to this live feedback workflow.

- Live visual preview of DoF and motion blur built into OpenGL.

Another quick workflow advantage.

2. Camera and light view through navigation. The other apps are missing this neat feature where you can view and move cameras and lights rather quickly while looking through them. The other apps don't really have this feature and BSG can thank LW for the "Live camera" feel that they got from this feature.

F-Prime - Lightwave had the first realtime previewer of this caliber. Modo and others followed years later. F-Prime is due an update though to make it LWF friendly.

Though I am a Maya fanboy these days I can't play down Lightwave's strengths. It is still a nice gem.

Chrizto
03-09-2010, 03:32 PM
"2. Camera and light view through navigation. The other apps are missing this neat feature where you can view and move cameras and lights rather quickly while looking through them. The other apps don't really have this feature and BSG can thank LW for the "Live camera" feel that they got from this feature.

F-Prime - Lightwave had the first realtime previewer of this caliber. Modo and others followed years later. F-Prime is due an update though to make it LWF friendly."

I really like the Layout navigation tools you mention.
As for F-Prime, I don't know. Never used it.

I do believe that the other AD apps are up-to-date/en par in live previewing of DMAPS and DOF, at least the latest 2010 series from AD (except maya).
I could be mistaking.

Shnoze Shmon
03-09-2010, 03:40 PM
Wow, I can't imagine trying to dive into that many complex applications and getting anything but confused.

It's not easy just trying to get a grip on LW and everything it can do, and how it can be done. I manage a handful of hours working in LW each week. I also spend a number of hours each week trying to absorb as much knowledge as I can from tutorials, the manuals, and these forums. These forums have so much info in them that much of it just slips past me. The capacity to learn and implement knowledge is limited. And a restricted schedule to devote to it limit's one's capacity even further. You tried to read all the books in the library at the same time so you could get your PHD in one afternoon. Doesn't work that way.

I have to admit I've wondered how some other apps might help me, but this thread helps me strengthen my resolve to wait for now and see later what more experience tells me. Also the budget limitations play an influential role as well. :D I invested in LW to get another source of income in an area I could enjoy and eventually change my career to the CG industry.

I got LW-CAD 1.5, F-Prime and CORE membership with my LW but haven't really touched them. I ask those of you with experience what priority you would recommend for getting into them, and your thoughts on getting into free apps like Blender. Keep in mind my introduction to LW was last July.

Chrizto
03-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Hey! Schnoze! Don't hijack my thread, man! :devil:

Kidding.
If you read the book on LW 9 by Dan Ablan, "Inside Lightwave 9", He says something like:

"In this book I won't use a single add-on, plugin, just plain Lightwave 9. You read all these forums, where you end up with the impression, that you can't do anything without a bunch of plugins that costs lots of money. All the tools you'll need is right there in the box. After LW 9, there are so many features, and they will keep you occupied for years to come."

The man should know. He created most of the "Video Toaster" app for Amiga, "some" years ago, and since, worked with Lightwave for quite some years.

Titus
03-09-2010, 03:52 PM
I can sell you a Blender license for just $19.95. If you pay now, we'll add a second license for free.

Lightwolf
03-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Well, just to add my 2 cents...
When I started, there was basically only one decent app out there that I could afford (Imagine 3D) - but I soon switched to LW 3D after that (which I could barely afford at the time).
And while I dabbled in other 3D apps (some more and some less) I've never really had a compelling reason to switch to another one all things considered LW has served me well enough over time.
So in that sense, to echo what others have said: Stick to one app, get your stuff done. That will also give you a perspective and base that helps you judge the merits of other apps.

As other mentioned: Work on a project and work on it all the way through. Small ones first... then make bigger steps.

Cheers,
Mike

Hopper
03-09-2010, 05:02 PM
As other mentioned: Work on a project and work on it all the way through. Small ones first... then make bigger steps.

And since that will take you quite some time to complete, all the other apps you have will be obsolete by then. So you might as well put them in a box and send them to me. no .. seriously... send them to a good home where I can abuse them daily.

Chrizto
03-15-2010, 03:42 AM
Well, now I've been working exclusively in Lightwave Modeler, and I'm convinced. I have been using Modo 401 for more organic modeling, and the first thing I came to miss was the "Element Move" tool, that lets you grab any bart of your geometry and the tool will change dynamically according to the element hovered by the tablet/mouse pointer for pushing/pulling etc.

I found that the TrueArt EasyMesh plugin being even more advanced, hosting extrusions and many other tools, plus the functionality mentioned above.

So, now I'm confident that Modeler is THE best polygonal modeler for my brain. Modo 401 feels "strange", Silo is good, but a bit to isolated for me, but Modeler makes perfect sense.

Thanks to all the posters of supportive and influential responses.

Here is an attached screenshot from my working view, having the floating panels popping up as necessary.
"I'm loving it!"

GC
:lwicon:

Sensei
03-15-2010, 05:34 AM
I found that the TrueArt EasyMesh plugin being even more advanced, hosting extrusions and many other tools, plus the functionality mentioned above.

Thanks for purchase.
Now you need EasySplit http://easysplit.trueart.pl for easier cutting geometry for things like eyes, mouth, ears.. Tripling, retopologying geometry using interactive tool. This is "5 tool in one" too.

If you want to try making cars, below is 10 minute to replicate tutorial of using our EasySpline http://www.easyspline.com
http://www.spinquad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13888&highlight=jaguar
to make rough Jaguar car.

After freezing spline cage, you will just need to cut edges and bevel inside, to make f.e. doors, engine's flop etc details. Make profile and use Multiply > Lathe tool to make detail wheels.

Chrizto
03-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Thanks for purchase.
Now you need EasySplit http://easysplit.trueart.pl for easier cutting geometry for things like eyes, mouth, ears.. Tripling, retopologying geometry using interactive tool. This is "5 tool in one" too.

Mr. Sensei!
I really like your Plug-ins. I spoke with you for about a year ago on Skype, but I doubt you remember it at this time! I had a problem with the .pl mail addresses kept going monkey-doodle with me...

You see, I already have (or had) both EasySplit and Wrinkle, but lost my registration info, and licenses during a way too hasted re-install.

Is there some way of getting them back? Do you keep a record? Please contact me on my personal mail (generalcody _#AT#_ gmail_.com_).