PDA

View Full Version : Motion capture in LW

VonBon
03-08-2010, 01:17 PM
was wondering how motion capture data is transfered to LW.

Im thinking that you would setup nulls on the character in key points
and then the motion data will be applied to these nulls to
apply the motions.

VonBon
03-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Thanks man

SplineGod
03-08-2010, 05:27 PM
The simplest way is to just import the BVH file. There are other ways such as importing via FBX or thru something like PLK.

tyrot
03-10-2010, 06:58 PM
hey vonbon

i followed TO DO list of megalodon..and i feel like reborn in LW layout.

1- Buy from Kurv Studios - Larry Shultz Mocap DVD. There are very important areas you may need to check out. Lets say i was having amazing difficulties when i was importing BVH -gimbal bones etc ..thanks to this DVD i have started to animate..
Make yourself a favor and do not lose months just like me and buy it. You wont regret. I m pretty sure that you will fall in IKB once again thanks to SplineGod.

2- If you wanna add facial animations as well, do not even think for a second and buy TAFA. Mega told me months ago. I did and it has changed everything. It is THE software you feel like you are directing your character without thinking anything. What a great tool.

Combination of MOCAP + IKB + TAFA ..is the power i wasnt aware that LW has . IF IF i knew that power was there years ago...oh man......MY life could be totally different. So do not waste any minute as i did :)

SplineGod
03-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Thanks Tyrot! :)
I would love to see IKB more fully developed by NT while Core is baking. Theres a great deal of untapped power there. It could still sell a few seats of LW in the meantime. :)