PDA

View Full Version : plugin request

psychostyrene
03-06-2010, 02:19 PM
who do i have to pay to make a working 64 bit version of shift spline transform?

and how much?

Sensei
03-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Generally there is no sense in using 64 bit Modeler- you never are running out of memory due to too much geometry.. Long time before it, you will have completely not usable OpenGL refreshing.. :)
On 64 bit machine and 64 bit operating system you can install 32 bit LightWave (just redirect config dir using -c parameter) and it'll be working fine.

If you like working with splines take a look at EasySpline
http://www.easyspline.com

psychostyrene
03-06-2010, 03:50 PM
you have completely lost me, i have no idea how this config thing works, but thank you sir.

Sensei
03-06-2010, 03:57 PM
Each LW version, 32/64 bit and build configs should be keep separated. You have to make short-cut to LightWav.exe and Modeler.exe and in Parameters enter -c"directory path" (of course make such directory first). And never ever use direct .exe (because these will not have -c redirection)
f.e. I am using
"C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9.6\Programs\modeler.exe" -c"C:\Documents and Settings\Sensei-Server\LW Configs\LW v9.6"..
This way will make sure your LW works stable with mutiple LW installs at the same time.