PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade to work on Snow Leopard

4pixels
03-05-2010, 10:17 AM
I haven't used my Lightwave (version 9) for ages now and just found out it won't work with Snow Leopard. Whats the lowest/cheapest upgrade I need for it to work. I don't use it very often so can't justify spending a lot just for the odd job. I know 9.3 and 9.6 work as I downloaded trial versions.

rsfd
03-05-2010, 11:07 AM
If you're a registrated owner of LW 9, you can download all versions up to the actual v9.6 for free.
Just log in to your registration account's download page, you should find the download links there.

4pixels
03-08-2010, 04:26 AM
Thanks rsfd. Found my download page and downloaded v9.6 but it launches in demo mode with message "Your License key was not found. Contact Newtek to get a permanent license key (Product lock: 1350)" Thats with my dongle inserted.

hisham
03-08-2010, 05:04 AM
You may need to change your dongle and download a new driver. I would suggest to contact customer support and tell them your current dongle type, the LW version you are running and your computer/OSX version. They will advise you what to do.

rsfd
03-08-2010, 07:22 AM
@4pixels
the "dongle issue" relates only to the actual OpenBeta of LW9.6.1 with the change to cocoa code and 64-bit support.
With your join date in 2009 and when v9 is your first LW, you will most likely have the Sentinel USB Dongle which works fine with 9.6 and 9.6.1, even older Dongles, as the "Duo", works with LW 9.6.

But you may want to have a look at the "9.6 Download and Install Guide pdf" (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94245) and compare your setup with the statements of that guide.
If you still have an older version of LW installed, you will probably encounter conflicts with license and preferences. The Guide will tell you where you can place the license and what to do to have separated preferences for each LW-install.

If you have used the registration feature of LW Layout 9.6, be informed that you can also generate your license file manually with any TextEditor (just create an empty new file, paste your actual unlock-key in the first line and save as plain text file with name "license.key"). You can place the file into LW9.6>SharedSupport>license.key

Hope, this helps you out.