PDA

View Full Version : Gigantic, huge big whole Earth textures and free too.

shrox
03-03-2010, 04:59 PM
http://visibleearth.nasa.gov/view_detail.php?id=7106

jin choung
03-03-2010, 06:59 PM
better be free....

our tax dollars after all.

yeah, their blue marble stuff is shweeeet.

jin

shrox
03-03-2010, 07:54 PM
better be free....

our tax dollars after all.

yeah, their blue marble stuff is shweeeet.

jin

Can people outside the US access it?

jin choung
03-03-2010, 08:03 PM

i'm pretty sure.

nasa uses our tax dollars but it's not stingy or nothin'. it's about the science and the love...

jin

shrox
03-03-2010, 08:06 PM
i'm pretty sure.

nasa uses our tax dollars but it's not stingy or nothin'. it's about the science and the love...

jin

I am guessing one of our limey bastard, pint glass shattering, Tesco shopping, UK friends will chime in.

probiner
03-03-2010, 08:19 PM
acess it, yes.
view it in browser, out of question.

Titus
03-03-2010, 08:23 PM

Yes, we can :D.

And before anyone starts complaing about the foreigners leeching from your tax dollars. Turbo squid taxed me with more than $300 from my transactions. Take it as my contribution.

shrox
03-03-2010, 09:16 PM

And before anyone starts complaing about the foreigners leeching from your tax dollars. Turbo squid taxed me with more than $300 from my transactions. Take it as my contribution.

Leeching...hee hee. We use cyberleeches now.

jin choung
03-03-2010, 09:36 PM

And before anyone starts complaing about the foreigners leeching from your tax dollars...

no way.

space belongs to everybody.

neil armstrong didn't take one giant leap for america. it's all mankind or nothin'.

jin

shrox
03-03-2010, 09:43 PM
... Take it as my contribution.

Contribution for what? I think you've been robbed. Where is your representation?

DarkLight
03-04-2010, 02:54 AM
I am guessing one of our limey bastard, pint glass shattering, Tesco shopping, UK friends will chime in.

Seems to work fine for me :D

Titus
03-04-2010, 08:28 AM
Three years ago there was this space mission, I can't remember the name. NASA sent a voyager-like craft, and they gave the opportunity to ask your name put in a document inside this flying thing. My son was just born and decided this was an excellent welcome to him, six months later discovered I submitted his name wrong :(.

shrox
03-04-2010, 08:59 AM
Three years ago there was this space mission, I can't remember the name. NASA sent a voyager-like craft, and they gave the opportunity to ask your name put in a document inside this flying thing. My son was just born and decided this was an excellent welcome to him, six months later discovered I submitted his name wrong :(.

Stardust. I put my name and my sister as well.

Shnoze Shmon
03-04-2010, 09:45 AM
neil armstrong didn't take one giant leap for america. it's all mankind or nothin'.

Oh? Well we can beat that little technicality. We'll just redefine mankind as those who are American's Muhahahahaha:neener:

space belongs to everybody.

You've never heard of "MY SPACE"

Buddy we already got the universe divied up. So, no tresspassing, and keep off the grass.

shrox
03-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Oh? Well we can beat that little technicality. We'll just redefine mankind as those who are American's Muhahahahaha:neener:

You've never heard of "MY SPACE"

Buddy we already got the universe divied up. So, no tresspassing, and keep off the grass.

You're from....oh, Texas.

Shnoze Shmon
03-04-2010, 09:53 AM
You're from....oh, Texas.

:D You say that as though it explains something :D

LW_Will
03-05-2010, 12:16 AM

jin

Oh yeah... do you remember that? When I'd curl up on the couch to watch "Science and the Love"?

Ah... those were the days...

;-)