PDA

View Full Version : 64 bit X-DOF plug-in

jasonazure
03-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Hi there

I'm a big user of X-DOF in my work, so imagine my dismay when I moved over to a 64 bit machine and realised that my copy of X-DOF 2.0 doesn't work with Lightwave 9.6. 64-bit.

Searching through this forum, I've seen mention of a 64 bit version of X-Dof 2.0 existing, so I tried emailing evasion (multiple times), but I get no response!

Does anyone know if there is a 64-bit version of X-Dof 2.0? and if so how do i get hold of it?

jasonazure
03-05-2010, 02:10 AM
Anyone?
Anyone?
Bueller?

jasonazure
03-08-2010, 02:06 AM
bump!

calilifestyle
03-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Well from the makers of this program. Maybe email them.

jasonazure
03-08-2010, 12:43 PM
The reason I'm asking here is because I cannot get a response from the makers!

Searching through this forum, I've seen mention of a 64 bit version of X-Dof 2.0 existing, so I tried emailing evasion (multiple times), but I get no response!

The transition over to 64 bit Lightwave has been pretty painless so far, apart from the fact I can't use this plug-in, which I use in pretty much all my medical animations :grumpy:

gerardstrada
03-08-2010, 12:59 PM
You might want to try DP_DOF (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showpost.php?p=969102&postcount=156).

Gerardo

blugenwitz
03-08-2010, 04:05 PM
From about a half of a year I try to contact with evasion, because I need new serial (X-dof studio needs new serial after every windows reinstall) and they don't answer. I tried few times. Before this I need it 3 or 4 times and their answered in about 1-2 days. It's really strange behaviour. And licencing scheme to be honest is even stranger.

jasonazure
03-09-2010, 02:26 AM
Yeah, really strange!

I emailed one of the links on their site and it bounced back due to the inbox being full!

You can still buy their products through Safe Harbour, but with the lack of response, you would be lucky to get your license code.

Looks like I'm going to have to try the post production route via AE lenscare and depth maps.

The frustrating thing is, there is talk of a 64-bit version of X-DOF in this forum.....so near.....and yet so far!

Tartiflette
03-09-2010, 06:47 AM
If they are still selling through Safe Harbor, you could try to contact Safe Harbor to tell them that Evasion isn't replying to their customers.

It could help having them replying if one of their reseller asks them to do so.

Just a thought.

Cheers,
Laurent aka Tartiflette :)

jasonazure
03-09-2010, 07:55 AM
I've emailed someone at Safe Harbor, but I'm not holding out much hope!

Over the past weeks I've emailed every available address on the evasion site, plus the email address that my last license code came from with no response.

jasonazure
03-10-2010, 02:03 AM
OK, I emailed Safe Harbor, who said they would try to contact Evasion directly and get back to me. No news so far!

I also emailed every link on the Evasion website and most of them bounced back with 'mailbox full', so unless I hear otherwise I'm going to speculate that they have gone, or are going, out of business!

Looks like I'm going to have to look into alternate DOF workflows.

Tartiflette
03-10-2010, 05:52 AM
Oops, i have to agree that it sounds like bad news. :(
The worst thing being that it looks like they are still selling their plugins, which is almost a steal if you can't get any reply from them. :devil:
They should at least tell people that they are going out of business if that's the case, or be (a lot) more reactive with their customers if they intend to stay.

Hope for you you'll have an answer.

Cheers,

jasonazure
03-11-2010, 03:19 AM
The guy from Safe Harbor has always responded fairly promptly to me, but I think it's fair to assume he's having no more luck trying to contact Evasion than anyone else has!

Thinking about it, 'Evasion' is a pretty good name for a company that no-one can contact :)

simonlion
03-12-2010, 02:46 AM
I remenber purchasing X-DOF, and every time I emailed them regarding Tutorials or any Instruction, I never Got Any Answer Or Reply.
Do you guys know any Video Tutorials on X-DOF.

Thanks
Simon.

Tartiflette
03-12-2010, 03:19 AM
...Thinking about it, 'Evasion' is a pretty good name for a company that no-one can contact :)
He he, good one ! :D
Even if, for their customers (and i think you're one of them) that might not be as laughable unfortunately. :(

It even reminds me that i have license of Shadow Designer 1.0, back in the days when trying to have noise free area shadows was a wishful thinking ! :devil:

Cheers,