PDA

View Full Version : scratching my head over core videopresentations..

prometheus
03-03-2010, 06:49 AM
Well Ivé been ranting over the lack of video presentations showcasing some
of the core features..Good to see that they started to add some more..at least one!!
So yeah..that was alright and the vpr is looking good, and that is
what I suggested they should show off ..so im glad for that.

But ..what the..were did the other videos go? yeah ive seen them already
..and maybe not that exciting, maybe some new better ones are soon to be introduced? ...but really..it doesn´t look good showcasing video samples of thre videos..just to end up with removing the other ones and update it showcasing only one video!!

And please..is it that difficult to put a thumnail image up of something
from the video instead of an image telling it´s an image or a video..it´s utterly unattractive.

Michael

OnlineRender
03-03-2010, 07:08 AM
I think your starting to see the infulence of a certain someone starting to push !
----------------
edit
----------------

I get the impression that CHANGE IS ON IT'S WAY !

SBowie
03-03-2010, 07:14 AM
I don't really know what's up with the vids, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were just removed due to being out of date. There have been just tons of revisions. It would be nice to think that maybe newer public examples were forthcoming before too long.

sampei
03-03-2010, 07:14 AM
wasn't there a huge thread about this ?

SBowie
03-03-2010, 07:23 AM
wasn't there a huge thread about this ?The disappearance of the older videos? Where?

sampei
03-03-2010, 07:53 AM
The disappearance of the older videos? Where?
nowhere I misread..my bad. :oye:

Kuzey
03-03-2010, 08:00 AM
Speaking of disappearing stuff....I hope mention of Core doesn't disappear from this months newsletter :)

And maybe, we can get a Core gallery soon, showcasing peoples work etc...it would be good to see people have used it to produce stuff.

Kuzey

SplineGod
03-03-2010, 08:43 AM
Any videos really need to be done with some polish. Show off things that will REALLY give a good demonstration of the feature.
Also I wouldnt do a gallery until Core is up to actually being able to produce something useful without jumping thru hoops to produce it.

Kuzey
03-03-2010, 01:19 PM
To be honest....I'm half scared there won't be anything to post in a Core gallery...it'll look bad if there's not enough stuff to show off :D

But it would be great to see it in the (near) future...hopefully.

Kuzey

MentalFish
03-03-2010, 01:25 PM
I'd love to see videos of scripts triggering actions, nodes being connected and producing results (some outcome of a node flow), and so on, does not have to be finished tools and pretty rendered results. I want to see the core of core, not its extremities :D

In terms of the old videos being gone? Good move.

Go go :newtek:

Kuzey
03-03-2010, 01:30 PM
+1

Since Core has basic bones...it would be cool if they did something like the recent blender rig scripts.

Just so show it's possible and what not :D

Kuzey