PDA

View Full Version : Cannot load saslite

shockwave
09-08-2003, 05:24 AM
Saslite wont load for me. I recently pucrchase a full copy of LW and have been going through tutorial and this one i introducing me to saslite to give my caracter fur. When i want to access it i get(Cannot load external plugin file<C;\Lightwave\Plugins\Effects\Saslite.p>). I have the content directory set to LW and have tried different parts of whats under the LW program heading. I also cannot load any of the preset surfaces that i had with the discovery edition. Things such as chrome and such.
What did i miss? Help please:confused:

gjjackson
09-08-2003, 06:23 AM
First I would try; Go to the edit plugins and find saslite and delete it. Then close out all LW app's. You can then go back and reload the plugin. I've had this work on other plugins. I don't know if the lwext3 file get corrupted or an entry is corrupted.

The presets should be in the Program\Presets directory. Depending on what action you're doing whether they are visible. For instance, when using the surface editor the presets in that folder are available etc. You're basically opening a folder with icons that are displayed as thumbnails.

TyVole
09-08-2003, 07:18 AM
The problem is that saslite.p is not contained within either the 7.5b or the 7.5c builds (at least, the ones I have.)

You can either call Newtek technical support (e-mailing them could take weeks) and ask them to e-mail you the file, or you can download and install the 7.5(a) update from the ftp site (assuming it's still there.) Afterward, you can run the 7.5c update again, if you so desire.

shockwave
09-08-2003, 08:49 PM
Thanks TyVole. I did what you suggested and the Newtek people helped me out. The new problem is that I can add and use the plugin such as saslite but when i change scenes it is not in the master directory and i have to reload it through the "add plugin " under the layout function tab. How can i make them permanently stay so I Dont have to do this every time I start a new scene?

ggjackson thank for the input but I am not comefortable with deleting anything unless I know that there is a backup copy easily accessable. I checked the presets folder and it is actually empty. I am waiting on a reply from the Newtek people on this.

gjjackson
09-09-2003, 07:18 AM
It sounds like possibly an installation problem. Did you happen to reinstall or an upgrade. I think one time when I reinstalled that happened. If I remember when reinstalling you need to do a custom install and be sure to select everything. I think a reinstall of Lightwave will remove what isn't selected. That is OK for occasions where some parts you want to remove but keep the program. Unfortunately LW doesn't tell you that. I would try backing up anything important and reinstalling.

Kachimakee
04-18-2006, 02:42 PM
Hey Everyone,

Sorry to bring back such a dead thread, but could not find a solution to my problem. Whenever I go to add Saslite, an error messege appears saying the plugin could not be loaded or found. I am running Lightwave 8.5 on a 64 bit machine. Could this maybe be the problem? I'm making a spider right now, and would love to add some creepy hairs to it. Thanks for the help.

Kachimakee
04-18-2006, 03:04 PM
Hey again,

I figured it out. I loaded the plugin successfully using my 32 bit version of Lightwave 8.5. I dont know why this would be a problem, maybe you guys know? I hope this helps with future people's problems.