PDA

View Full Version : Viewport alignment

Revel
03-03-2010, 03:06 AM
Hi guys,

I just wondering why Lightwave put the "Front" viewport facing backwards?..I noticed it because recently I do my model based on the correct viewport alignment and when I open the file, the character automaticly facing backward (its different than when do model a character facing "Back" in the viewport, when I open the file it will face forward)..

I'm curious is there any setting to correct this?

_Revel

UnCommonGrafx
03-03-2010, 03:29 AM
It's called "time": You will get used to it.
The labels may be confusing but the usage is quite clear, right? It's like you are looking INTO the back view not looking AT the back view.
And I say time at first because there is no changing this; it is something you get used to.
If you start doing flying things, cars, things that drive, fly or otherwise navigate with a nose, so to speak, you will truly come to appreciate the use of this setup. Other than that, it's the way it works with layout such that not getting used to it could cause you all kinds of slow downs in your learning process.

Revel
03-03-2010, 05:22 AM
I see..so its not like "Front" is looking at the front view of the model, but instead placing the virtual camera looking front, by resulting back view of the model..
So just to make things clear, the correct way to place my model is by model front view of the character using "Back" viewport?..

*Guess I was correct all this time, although didn't know what the viewport label mean is lol

_Revel