PDA

View Full Version : Voodoo help

jnddepew
03-02-2010, 08:53 PM
I need a motion capture solution soon for a small project I'm working on and I'd like to avoid buying something if I can help it because of my monetary situation at the moment.
I'm trying camera tracking with voodoo and I'm getting pretty bad results thus far. Here's an example to show what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loYhm4Pi7tQ

If there's anyone else who uses voodoo I'd appreciate some advice on getting less shaky results because at the present state it's completely useless.

SplineGod
03-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Theres a few videos on youtube that might help

3D Kiwi
03-02-2010, 11:21 PM
I have only just started tracking with voodo on a couple of short shots and it worked fine. But i didnt have much camera movment as you do. If you download the trial of syntheyes as far as i can remember it comes with a nice tut pdf that explains how to shoot for tracking. Should apply for voodo as well. There also is voocat i think its called which is a commercial version of voodo, dont think it is to dare.

tischbein3
03-03-2010, 09:02 AM
Hard to judge without knowing the settings you used.

But my first guess would be that you didn't used the correct field-order for interpretating your footage (sequence import: interlace)

Second I would recomend try to use Foerster + KLT for detection and correspondence analysis, since they do have a good ratio between quality / accuracy.
(Since your footage bears quite a lot of contrasty details I would guess using SIFT could be quite an overkill)

Second since you camera seems to have a very high lense distortion, I would defintive try to use a lot of Corners inside the KLT option menu. (2000-3000, but be warned that this might result in crashing voodoo)