PDA

View Full Version : Simple texturing help

Kisageru
03-01-2010, 09:09 AM
I am texturing a model and have done the floors, but i wanted to add another texture on top of that, a blood splatter.
But in college we have only been taught UV texturing and not how to add two textures on one layer, i was wondering if anybody could help me with this, Thankyou

SplineGod
03-01-2010, 11:28 AM
Add the texture in another layer then use an 3rd texture in between the floor and blood layers with the blending mode set to alpha to blend those two layers together.

Kisageru
03-01-2010, 11:31 AM
How do i blend the layers together?
im quite a noob with this as weve not been learning it for long in college, so sorry if i ask many questions :blush:

SplineGod
03-01-2010, 11:42 AM
The layer in between the blood and floor layer has its BLENDING MODE set to ALPHA. This isnt a LW specific term. Alpha maps or channels are used in just about every 2d paint program to blend image layers together in some way. :)

Kisageru
03-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Where do i access blending mode from

SplineGod
03-01-2010, 12:10 PM
In the texture panel right next to where you add a texture layer. Im going to suggest doing some reading in the manual :)

Kisageru
03-01-2010, 12:19 PM
we havent been given a manual seeing as it was provided by the college, were just taught things in class but out teacher is... not the best at teaching rather than just shoowing us basics then expecting us to work everything else out

feelthefear
03-01-2010, 03:50 PM
If you don't understand alpha maps here is maybe a bit simpler way. If your blood splatter image has white background add it as another texture layer and set blending mode to screen/overlay. If not, play a little with those modes, maybe one will work out for you. Those options are quite clear when you open texture panel. [T] button near colors in surface editor. Note that you won't see the blending mode change until you render.

Kisageru
03-01-2010, 04:19 PM
If you don't understand alpha maps here is maybe a bit simpler way. If your blood splatter image has white background add it as another texture layer and set blending mode to screen/overlay. If not, play a little with those modes, maybe one will work out for you. Those options are quite clear when you open texture panel. [T] button near colors in surface editor. Note that you won't see the blending mode change until you render.

Aaahh thankyou ive looked around there and played about im gonna see how it looks when i render it in layout now, thanks for the help ^_^