PDA

View Full Version : Video glitching when using 3 external sources

mikkowilson
02-28-2010, 07:30 PM
In VT[5]d (Build080923), using a SX-84.

If i have 3 separate external sources coming in, on each on FX, MAIN, & PVW, the video out & software monitor for Program glitch all over the place. Stuttering, field reversal, general glitching, etc. Makes it completely unusable.

If I switch any bus to an internal source (I tested BLACK, DDRs & EXT) it all works just fine.

All inputs are composite, each on their own row on the SX-84 (1a,2a,3a,4a, etc..). And ti makes no difference whether there is anything connected to the source or not.

If I was to hazard a guess; it looks like a sync issue, perhaps of relations to times gone by when PVW & KEY (before it became FX) had to be locked together when VT only supported 2 external sources?

Of course Preview out looks just fine. Figures.

Either way.. really looking for a fix. Any Ides?

- Mikko

Zane Condren
02-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Are you using a VTPro Card? Meaning when you purchased the VT Hardware did it come with VT4 or VT5 Software or was it VT2, VT3 that you later upgraded?

mikkowilson
03-01-2010, 02:55 PM
It's a new complete turnkey VT[5] system purchased last May from Key Code Media.

I'd assume they put in full modern hardware.

- Mikko

Zane Condren
03-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Sounds like an issue with the PCI Bus Latency setting on your motherboard. Give our tech support a call and they can walk you thru adjusting it 210-341-8444.

jcupp
03-02-2010, 09:15 PM
The bus latency adjustment may not be configurable depending on your MB. Bus latency should be set to 128 if it is.

If you have the preview output in the VT enabled - turn it off.

mikkowilson
03-03-2010, 02:22 AM
I'll give the bus latency a shot when I get a chance.

However we have a 4 day basketball tournament starting in the morning (8 hours...), not sure if I'll get a chance before then.

However...

If you have the preview output in the VT enabled - turn it off.
This worked! Thanks Jeff! :thumbsup:

We are a school, and we actually use Preview Out educationally all the time, so I will need to get it back eventually. But this will get me though the week (need the 3 sources to use a LiveSet to PIP in our scoreboard cam). Thank you again.

- Mikko

SBowie
03-03-2010, 05:03 AM
Some older systems with lower FSB speeds can't support both LiveSets and Preview out, in my experience.

Paul Lara
03-03-2010, 09:39 AM
the video out & software monitor for Program glitch all over the place. Stuttering, field reversal, general glitching, etc. Makes it completely unusable... really looking for a fix. Any Ideas?

What is your motherboard? Does it have a 400MHz front side bus?
If so, that is a hardware bottleneck that will require at least double that speed, Mikko.

SBowie
03-03-2010, 10:07 AM
If so, that is a hardware bottleneck that will require at least double that speed, Mikko.Yep, I'll support the 'at least' too - I've got a Dell with an 800 mHz FSB that won't cut it.

sseawright
03-19-2010, 12:18 AM
I am having similar issues with my live video locking up and glitching during switching. I recently had to replace our older SuperMicro based system with an HP xw8200 Work Station. This machine should be more than enough to run VT5. My issues happen especially while trying to use the title templates and DSK on this HP machine. This all happens during live switching. Here are the system Specs:

XP Professional
Dual Xeon 3.6 Ghz processors
4 gigs of ram
4 striped SATA drives for video connected via Highpoint 3210 SATA RAID card
SATA system drive - connected via motherboard SATA slot
GeForce FX 5 Graphics Card
800Mhz FSB.

I have the VT4 production suite that came with the SX-84 and the RS-8. I recently installed the VT5 upgrade with all available updates onto this machine and placed my VT Card into the PCI-X 133 slot.

What am I doing wrong fellas? Is it the card placement? I did not have this problem with the older Supermicro based system that just died on me. VT5 ran like a champ in it, but it was a Turn Key system that was built by a newtek Dealer. Any help that you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.

In VT[5]d (Build080923), using a SX-84.

If i have 3 separate external sources coming in, on each on FX, MAIN, & PVW, the video out & software monitor for Program glitch all over the place. Stuttering, field reversal, general glitching, etc. Makes it completely unusable.

If I switch any bus to an internal source (I tested BLACK, DDRs & EXT) it all works just fine.

All inputs are composite, each on their own row on the SX-84 (1a,2a,3a,4a, etc..). And ti makes no difference whether there is anything connected to the source or not.

If I was to hazard a guess; it looks like a sync issue, perhaps of relations to times gone by when PVW & KEY (before it became FX) had to be locked together when VT only supported 2 external sources?

Of course Preview out looks just fine. Figures.

Either way.. really looking for a fix. Any Ides?

- Mikko

jcupp
03-19-2010, 11:47 AM
That HP workstation has an 800MHz FSB which is marginal for VT[5]

sseawright
03-19-2010, 12:06 PM
The SuperMicro system that we were using was a X6DAL-TG based system which also featured an 800Mhz FSB which is what the system specs show for VT5 Machines. What else could it possibly be? This morning I moved the card to a standard 32-Bit PCI slot and it did not show any signs of improvement. I also checked the bios and made sure the Bus latency was set to 128.

I am open to any and all suggestions at this point. We just recently purchased a Edirol (Roland) LVS-800 SD live mixer for live event switches, but would really miss the VT system if I can not get it running again. We can not afford to get another machine at this point, I need to get the HP machine working some how. If not, then I will be forced to do it the old fashioned way with a Canopus D/A A/D Box capturing with Adobe OnLocation and editing with SpeedEdit.

sseawright
03-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Any chance that the 64-Bit version of XP is causing all of this?

Pete Draves
03-19-2010, 02:08 PM
Make sure the audio csable to a SX84 iss the newer VGA type cable not the older VT cable with the 2 1/8th inch audio plugs.

The SX84 and the VT pro card need the Video and control lines in the newer style cable.

Pete

sseawright
03-21-2010, 10:32 AM
The cables that I am using are the ones that originally came with the production suite, which again ran really good on the SuperMicro machine. They are all VGA cables coming from the two cards to the SX-84, VT Pro and daughter card. Acts like there is not enough through put on the PCI slot. It is set to latency of 128. Is that correct?