PDA

View Full Version : avi loader

DONGLE THIS!
09-08-2003, 12:02 AM
how can I load a avi or mpeg movie into LW, is there a pluging or is it built in LW.
I am trying to see how they make movies with a 3d object
please help

thanks

iluvatar
09-08-2003, 01:39 AM
you mean you want an avi file as background for your movie? press ctrl+f7 (effects window --> compositing tab) and load the avi as background image. should work if you have the avi.p plugin loaded :)

DONGLE THIS!
09-08-2003, 02:46 AM
im talking about a avi clip.
not just one image.
I dont want just a background image, i want a avi clip so that my object will look like it was built into the the clip

thanks

iluvatar
09-08-2003, 03:20 AM
hmmm i thought putting an avi file in background will play it, but you could break it down into an image sequence and using the image panel (ctrl+f4 i think) you can load the whole sequence at once and put that in background... you want to try this with a short avi file i guess...

DONGLE THIS!
09-12-2003, 04:41 AM
well, im still waiting for any help regarding avi, i just want to import a little clip, or should i use a coposiition software??

thanks

WizCraker
09-12-2003, 05:13 AM
You can load an avi in the background you just tell lightwave when you load it up that it has a start and end and it will show in the background when rendered out.

DONGLE THIS!
09-13-2003, 04:48 AM
now where do i tell lw that this is a avi and where is the start and end frame??
thanks