PDA

View Full Version : Gradient background not appearing in rendered video, no idea why.....

focus3d
02-26-2010, 11:45 AM
I have made a short animation which features a static camera position, spinning object and gradient background. Even though the gradient background appears in single frame renders, it won't appear in my video output of the entire animation. The background is just pure black (the solid background colour selected in Lightwave).

Anyone have any idea why my gradient background would be appearing when I render a single frame in image viewer, but not in my mov file?

Cheers!

probiner
02-26-2010, 11:49 AM
Alpha Channel?

focus3d
02-26-2010, 11:52 AM
I am just saving animation as normal using a Quicktime Animation mov file. Where would the alpha channel be being processed? Sorry I don't understand. Also if it's an alpha channel problem why would it not be showing in a frame render?

Cheers

probiner
02-26-2010, 11:56 AM
Don't have time to test it now, but it could be that you are saving the render with "Millions of Colors +" wich stands for alpha, i think.

Anyway, if it is really the alpha that is making that, you can disable the alpha in some video software or even photoshop CS3 and up. [Interpt Footage: Alpha Channel Ignore] then export video.

Cheers

focus3d
02-26-2010, 11:57 AM
Don't have time to test it now, but it could be that you are saving the render with "Millions of Colors +" wich stands for alpha, i think.

Anyway, if it is really the alpha that is making that, you can disable the alpha in some video program.

Cheers

Dude, you nailed it. No idea how I've missed this before! Thank you so much. :)

probiner
02-26-2010, 12:01 PM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/animatics/Foruns/dance2.gif