PDA

View Full Version : Free side table model

biliousfrog
02-24-2010, 05:36 AM
I've had a couple of days of downtime so I spent yesterday creating a Georgian side table for an interior test scene that I'm working on, I thought that I'd share it with you lot.

I've included three 2k maps for colour, bump and spec. It uses the carpaint node for the wood surfaces to get that deep laquered look and conductor for the brass handle. The handle also uses POM's AO node for the in-grained dirt but feel free to adjust that to suit (TBH I spent more time on the wood ;) ).

Use it anyway you like just read the ReadMe first. :)

OnlineRender
02-24-2010, 05:45 AM
nice ...thanks ... you should put into the models thread that Richard started ,would make a welcome addition .

biliousfrog
02-24-2010, 07:05 AM
Which thread is that?

OnlineRender
02-24-2010, 07:25 AM
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101465&page=18

not a speed model , but there is alot of content

npix
02-24-2010, 10:25 AM
Thanks, looks great!

probiner
02-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Nice model Biliousfrog, thanks for sharing=) (I'm gonna study that wood material. Carpaint for wood? why? wow! eheh)

now i have a fancy place to put my fancy iphone.

All i need now is to ask for Matt for a nice rug, Mucus for a house, StarBase for the planet earth and probably Shrox for the universe, cause everything should be on top of something else :D

Cheers

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/animatics/Lightwave/th_Steves-Table.png (http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/animatics/Lightwave/Steves-Table.png)

biliousfrog
02-24-2010, 02:37 PM
Carpaint for wood? why? wow! eheh)

It seemed logical to me but maybe not? :D

The carpaint shader was designed to mimic surfaces with a laquered coating...traditional furniture is usually stained and then has multiple layers of tinted laquer applied (usually shellac based)...so you get that deep shine which can be difficult to achieve with a single spec/reflection hit.

probiner
02-24-2010, 02:40 PM
Ahh ahh that's it, ty for the explanation =)
It's about understanding what the materials do and apply them to whatever it makes sense.

Thanks

biliousfrog
02-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Ahh ahh that's it, ty for the explanation =)
It's about understanding what the materials do and apply them to whatever it makes sense.

Thanks

I might have got it really mixed up so don't take my word for it...but whatever works :)

OnlineRender
02-24-2010, 03:54 PM
Thanks much dude ,forgot to say it .. nice and clean , hey it even has an IPOD now :) "probiner"ps an Ipod in the the Free Speed Models would be sweet ... (",)

Riff_Masteroff
02-28-2010, 01:21 AM
Thank you. I am interested in what you did for the surfacing. I need to re-do some extensive wood surfaces in a bit, so I want to see how others approach this difficult subject.

As for the model, there should be a NT Forum section for shared models (speed or otherwise). As it was said, this doesn't quite fit in with the speed model thread. Also my shared threaded bolt library is orphaned in the third party section.

probiner
02-28-2010, 01:32 AM
As for the model, there should be a NT Forum section for shared models (speed or otherwise). As it was said, this doesn't quite fit in with the speed model thread. Also my shared threaded bolt library is orphaned in the third party section.

:agree: And a general note sould be on that section as for the usage of such models.

Cheers