PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed finding a couple things

DHudson
02-23-2010, 06:37 AM
Hello- I working on a scene, trying to render it as wireframe so I can bring it into Adobe Illustrator and add textures to it there so it looks like a drawing (if there is a more simple way to do this - please let me know). I am so noobie at this, even when reading the manual, I can't find some things. This is what was suggested for me to do by hadidavfx (who doesn't appear to be in this forum, but was wonderful to help me, but now my connection to him is not working):

1. Under Object Properties, check render wireframe.
2. Give the object a surface in modeler, call it something useful.
3. In Layout, open the materials editor, and give the diffuse channel an image projection. The type you want is front projection.

This means that the object will render as solid, however it will appear invisible to the camera because it is projecting what the camera sees onto the front of the surface. Think of it as the Aston Martin Vanquish from Die Another Day.

My questions:
I am in LW version 9.5, looking all through Object > Properties and can not find Render Wireframe to check it. help!

I can not find a materials editor in Layout, and will I know what a diffuse channel is when I get there? (eek!)

Thank you so much for any help you can give me... very appreciated.
DHudson

OnlineRender
02-23-2010, 08:26 AM
Render Wireframe - in Render Globals
if there is a more simple way to do this - please let me know ...........
UV map in parts then create the textures .
"another idea , is to render both the images one wireframe one model , then use opacity in AE with a mask feathered ."
you trying to make something like this except alot better (",) ?

http://www.onlinerender.com/spinjpg.jpg

DHudson
02-23-2010, 11:31 AM
Thank you so much for your reply OnlineRender.

Yes- thats the idea I want. Great looking image you have there.

Where do I find the materials editor? In searching, I even did a search in the Lightwave 9.6 Layout PDF that came with the CD, to no avail.

Thank you so much

Rove
02-23-2010, 12:04 PM
Where do I find the materials editor?
Thank you so much

In LightWave it's called Surface Editor. You can find that under the Items tab. You can also just hit the F5 key to open the surface editor.