PDA

View Full Version : force Rotate's rgb circles to show on screen?

3dWannabe
02-22-2010, 07:29 PM
In Layout, if I click on rotate and I'm zoomed in quite a bit, the red/green/blue circles to indicate rotation are not visible at all.

I just happened to watch a video that showed them, or I wouldn't have realized they were available for Rotate and 'Rotate Pivot'. In the video, they centered over the current item.

I zoomed out, and the circles were at the lower part of my screen, a good deal away from the object I was working on.

How can I move the circles - or somehow force them to stay visible as I'm zoomed in?

probiner
02-23-2010, 05:35 AM
Does changing the grid size does anything good?

Cheers

3dWannabe
02-23-2010, 08:30 PM
Changing the grid size didn't see to affect where the RGB rotate circles appear.

For example, if I'm trying to rotate a dress around the waist of my object, the RGB circles for the rotate command are always below the feet of my object.

If I zoom in in closely, to really see what I'm doing, the RGB circles are off the screen?

probiner
02-23-2010, 09:10 PM
Images plz!

I'm not following very well your issue.

You want to move the pivot (where the rotation is centred and the controlers places) to a different position fo the object,

or

When you zoom on the object the rotation controlers becomed clipped (not rendered by opengl)?

Try to hit 'd' for display options. Activate Fixed Near Clip Dist and input 1mm or lowe (500 um). Any good?

Cheers

3dWannabe
02-23-2010, 09:17 PM
Yes, when I zoom the object, the rotation controllers are off screen (as they are at the feet of my model, and I've zoomed into the waist).

I tried the

d' for display options. Activate Fixed Near Clip Dist and input 1mm or lowe (500 um).

but I didn't notice any change?

JeffrySG
02-23-2010, 10:24 PM
Don't they always appear where the pivot point is?

probiner
02-23-2010, 11:18 PM
Pictures i said :ohmy: (screenshots, or it's really no use to be here trying to help)

You have the image on the left, and you want the image on the right?

Cheers