PDA

View Full Version : Apple Macs on TV - RANT

cc3d
02-22-2010, 05:24 PM
I've got to rant a moment. It's obvious that Hollywood wants to show the world using Apple computers whenever there's an opportunity, but give me a break!

Example: TV Show - House, shows a cat scan machine with Apple Macs controlling the scanner and running the diagnostic!! Right!! Ever been to a hospital?! There are no Apple computers in hospitals running the high end equipment or anything else for that matter.

Example: TV Show 24 - WHAT!!!?! A mac in a top secret government covert terrorist hunting group?!? Why?! Hoping to catch the terrorist on iChat? Nuff said!

Bottom line, if you do serious work with computers or control serious equipment of any magnitude, you don't do it with a pretty little computer. :2guns:

JeffrySG
02-22-2010, 05:45 PM
That's funny. But not really accurate. But I still like how the TV shows are getting you annoyed because they are not realistic. Like 'House' is even close to realistic anyway. ;) I would be more annoyed at the basis of many of those shows before I get annoyed at their choice for a computer product placement because you don't like Apple.

aidenvfx
02-22-2010, 05:54 PM
I've got to rant a moment. It's obvious that Hollywood wants to show the world using Apple computers whenever there's an opportunity, but give me a break!

Example: TV Show - House, shows a cat scan machine with Apple Macs controlling the scanner and running the diagnostic!! Right!! Ever been to a hospital?! There are no Apple computers in hospitals running the high end equipment or anything else for that matter.

Example: TV Show 24 - WHAT!!!?! A mac in a top secret government covert terrorist hunting group?!? Why?! Hoping to catch the terrorist on iChat? Nuff said!

Bottom line, if you do serious work with computers or control serious equipment of any magnitude, you don't do it with a pretty little computer. :2guns:

lol nice rant. FYI in "24" the good guys use Macs and the bad guys use "PC's"

cresshead
02-22-2010, 05:58 PM
lol nice rant. FYI in "24" the good guys use Macs and the bad guys use "PC's"

a 'mac' is a 'pc' [personal computer]
unless it's an ipad in which case it's a ipod left in a grow bag!:devil:

anyway 'bad guys' use linux!:D

Lamont
02-22-2010, 06:04 PM
Example: TV Show - House, shows a cat scan machine with Apple Macs controlling the scanner and running the diagnostic!! Right!! Ever been to a hospital?! There are no Apple computers in hospitals running the high end equipment or anything else for that matter. The childrens hospital x-ray machine is running through a B&W G3 where I am. But most of the time it's a PC interfacing with the machine in the other rooms. Product dropping is all it is. Just ignore it and enjoy the show. It is entertainment after all.

Or the Wacom Intous 4 for the hand scanners in 24... stuff like that. Set designers just need to get stuff done.