PDA

View Full Version : Cannot copy folders within Aura-Projects

Roland2
02-22-2010, 03:49 AM
If I copy an Folder with Aura-Projects to another disk, it change the file ending to .vpn in new folder and I cannot reload the Projects to Aura from this copy.
The origin files, directly stored from aura works ok.

Roland2

VT-5.2

SBowie
02-22-2010, 06:00 AM
If I copy an Folder with Aura-Projects to another disk, it change the file ending to .vpn in new folder and I cannot reload the Projects to Aura from this copy. The origin files, directly stored from aura works ok.I'm not at all clear why the file extension would have become .vpn. Aura project files end in .aur and moving them should not change that.

That said, you don't specify exactly what happens when you try to load the file. Aura projects can have embedded links to source video. In Aura, these source files are referred to as "dependencies". You can save a project file with dependencies, or embed all of the data in the project file. Obviously, files with fully embedded data can get to be very large.

Assuming that you copied the correct files in the first place, it may be that your project file has dependencies that cannot be located after moving the files. In a case like that, the missing files will not show up when you load the project. Not sure if this it what you're seeing or not ....

Roland2
02-23-2010, 04:05 AM
If I try to load the copied aura-project file (with .vpn, and nor .aur ending)
it load nothing, the original file before copying to another folder has
.aur as ending makes no problem. It works in the past, but now it cut be destroyed by some cleaning with cgcleaner, I dont know.
My question is how could I tell windows to copy .aur files well.

Roland2

SBowie
02-23-2010, 05:30 AM
A .vpn file is apparently commonly associated with a VPN (virtual private network), and would normally have nothing whatsoever to do with Aura.

Moving an .aur file is no different than moving any other file (with the exception of the file dependency issue I mentioned earlier). You can transfer them from one system to another across a network, or move them manually using an external drive, thumb drive, etc. I don't know of any method of moving or copying files from one place to that would result in changing the file extension from .aur to .vpn. There would seem to be some problem in the method you are using to transfer files.

(If the files were .aur files and failed to load, there could be something wrong with your file associations in Windows, but that doesn't seem to be the case.)