PDA

View Full Version : trying to track this shot

skywalker113
02-21-2010, 07:44 PM
Between after effects cs4, mocha, and voodoo tracker, is it possible to track this footage?

Whats happening in this scene is a trolls invading a high school, and he swings at this guy while he's running.

I really want this shot to work. I'll go frame by frame if I have to!

Thanks

OlaHaldor
02-22-2010, 06:50 AM
I don't think it's impossible. Not at all. Might depend on the amount of motion blur. I'd place a few trackes in the upper part of the image, where you have no people going across the image. And I'd place a few trackers on the intersecting blue pattern on the floor. I don't know how Mocha, Voodo nor AE does tracking, but it's hopefully possible to disable and enable a tracking point, as well as doing some manual tracking when the people is going in front of your tracking point. I use SynthEyes by the way. Things might work a little different there than with your tools, all though the general idea is the same I guess.

gordonrobb
02-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Yeh, I was thinking Syntheyes could handle it. Assuming that this is not the full resolution shot.

vncnt
02-23-2010, 10:07 AM
Tracking will be easier if it's HD instead of SD, if you used a shutter of 90 degrees or shorter, if you used 50/60 fps instead of 24/25 fps. Forget CMOS with this kind of shaking camera, use CCD instead.

I'd suggest you track backwards because details are better defined at the end (caused by the forward motion).

Start with +/- 16 manual trackers before adding auto-trackers.

No problem for SynthEyes.

When rendering in LW you might want to adjust all camera keyframes in order to get the motionblur-phase right.