PDA

View Full Version : Rendering seperate object layers

Aquilon
02-21-2010, 03:19 AM
Hi, is there an easy way to render object layers seperatly? I have an object with 13 layers, which I want to render layer by layer so I can composite them in Photoshop.
I can set up a scene and set the individual layers 'unseen by camera' one by one with each frame step. But then, off course, you have to render 13 frames ...
I wonder if there is any feature in LW9.6 which can do this automaticly, maybe an 'image filter', or special buffers which I can output to render.

For clarification: I'm not talking of render passes like specularity, transparency, reflection ... and the like. I know how to output these with 'image filters', I'm talking purely of object layers.

Thanks in advance for helping me out on this (if there is a way) :-)

richdj
02-21-2010, 05:56 AM
would assigning the geometry in the .psd export work.

Rich

Aquilon
02-21-2010, 07:04 AM
I don't think this will do the trick. It will help you identify the different objects, but it will still output as a single layer.

Maybe I can use 'render buffer output', but this works for surfaces identifiers, not object identifiers. And it's not a simple process either, 'cause you have to assign a grey-value to each surfaces in the surface editor.

But thanks for the comment anyway.

richdj
02-21-2010, 08:14 AM
OK, this should be do-able with an LScript. But you'd need someone alot more capable than me to do it.

Rich

Aquilon
02-21-2010, 11:06 AM
Thanks mate. Unfortunally I'm no better then you in LScript, and that's an understatement :-)

lertola2
02-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Just load your object and put a keyframe for all layers on frames 1 to 13. Then on each frame move all the objects out of the camera view except for one. Then you can render each of your objects in one go.

Aquilon
02-22-2010, 10:08 AM
I can set up a scene and set the individual layers 'unseen by camera' one by one with each frame step. But then, off course, you have to render 13 frames ...

@ lertola2: your proposal is the same as I mentioned, except that in your method I won't have the reflection and speculars interacting between the object layers, which I would have, and which I need, when I set the individual layers unseen. So, thanks for thinking and helping, but this wouldn't do it.