PDA

View Full Version : interior test

MUCUS
02-19-2010, 08:31 AM
Hi all! :)

Still working on architectural render (just personal work), this one is a very humble work; I mean the reference pic is not very "interesting", but it allow me to learn.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2697/finaljs.jpg

Not the picture of the week, but it's coming slowly: :)

richdj
02-19-2010, 09:20 AM
Looks good. Can we have some details on the scene / lighting etc..

Rich

Iain
02-20-2010, 04:45 AM
Very nice Christophe. I love your modesty!
The curtain is the only thing I'm not sure about but that's a very difficult effect to get right.

The lighting and materials quality are excellent.

Tobian
02-20-2010, 06:00 AM
Yeah I have to say that the subject matter and the final render look gorgeous! Nice one! :)

waly
02-22-2010, 03:29 AM
Very nice Christophe. I love your modesty!
The curtain is the only thing I'm not sure about but that's a very difficult effect to get right.

The lighting and materials quality are excellent.

Agree with the curtains issue, i thing some less transparency could work well. Nice render congrats.

sampei
02-22-2010, 04:11 AM
nicely done, the only thing that I'm not convinced of is the wood planks behind the masks...there's something odd about them...everything else is lovely !

MUCUS
02-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Richdj, thank you! Lightning is just a main outside arealight and two arealight through the windows, with final gather and 3 bounces radiosity :)

Ian, thank you! I HAD to be humble when I see all the great architectural works here and there on the web! I'm glad you like this one :) I admit that I've been a bit lazy with curtains when I realized that lowering the transparency will force me to reworked the lightning :D

Tobian and waly, thank you! :) I'll put more attention to curtains next time, with more references pics.

Sampei, agree with the wood planks behind the masks, it's not the best choice I've made for this work. Anyway I'm glad you like everything else! :)

ingo
02-24-2010, 02:53 AM
Looks nice with a good mood, only the room is a bit small. I would scale the wall texture a bit smaller. The curtain looks okay to me, its just the small dark brown "line" at the bottom of the curtain that doesn't have to be transparent, thats a bit irritating.

Hieron
02-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Curtains look good to me, I'd have liked a bit more pronounced table though. Right now my eyes are confused as to where the table stops and the sofa starts.. texture on the table is quite strong too, looks like a reflection almost. It probably is at some places, but the others not yet it does pick up color of the floor or so. Perhaps it's just me :)

perhaps I'm wrong, but when I scrolled down and saw the top 50% of the image it looked right. Then scrolling down there is a lack of focus.. imho

Lighting etc is great!