PDA

View Full Version : Amiga Lightwave Upgrade ?

tasmanian
09-07-2003, 07:06 AM
I don't know really which forum to go to with this one...
In the old days I used Lightwave 3.5 on the Amiga. I still have the manual, dongle, disks etc... just no more Amiga.
Since then I have mainly worked in companies that had their own choices of soft (sadly not often Lightwave).
Now I'm making my own configuration, probably PC based, and I would like to have Lightwave again.
Is there any upgrade path from the Amiga version to the PC version ?

BeeVee
09-08-2003, 07:24 AM
There is, and if you act quickly you can still get the bundle with DFX+ (with a free upgrade to LW8.0 when available). An upgrade from the Amiga version will cost 495 and an additional 55 for the dongle swap to one that will work on your PC. Both prices are excluding VAT.

B

gjjackson
09-08-2003, 11:21 AM
I can't help but wonder sometimes how Newtek can stay in business when they offer such upgrades for such a long time. It seems many upgrades only last for a version or two. It sure convinces me to keep using Newtek indefinetely.

prospector
09-08-2003, 01:18 PM
because of T. Jennisons first mission statement on the first video that came with the Amiga Flyer....

To help the 'little people' take on Hollywood. (not exact words, but the correct thought), and to let our imagination take us to where we want to go.

adhesiveX
09-09-2003, 09:30 AM
The dongle swap when upgrading from 3.5 amiga to 7.5 /DFX+
cost me a hundred bucks extra here in the US.:confused: still
very satisfied though.

tasmanian
09-11-2003, 01:58 AM
Thanx !

LW at half price, wow !

The Amiga version must be about ten years old and still you can upgrade. Now that's what I call service.

They actually have deals for owners of other 3D soft too.