There you go....they did team up :thumbsup:

Interesting to see what happens....next :hey:

Kuzey

cresshead
02-18-2010, 12:59 PM
There you go....they did team up :thumbsup:

Interesting to see what happens....next :hey:

Kuzey

can you NOW imagine the newtek stand at siggraph this year...it's gonna kick the doors down!

:hey:

"With LightWave's optimized polygonal modeler, integrated dynamics engine, add-and-go deformation system, world-class render engine, autonomous asset workflow, and compatibility with other graphics applications seamlessly integrated into our production pipeline, we were able to bring Jim Cameron's vision of the Epiphyte plants, the great Leonopteryx creature and the entire world of Pandora to life. It was NewTek's LightWave that made it possible for me and my team to achieve our breakthroughs and goals on one of the most demanding films ever made. Now I would like to extend the reach of LightWave even further with my new position," said Powers.

Kuzey
02-18-2010, 01:11 PM
Yes....it should be a blast, but he was talking about the old LW and not Core....by the sounds of it.

I asked before...if he was in the HC program, it would be interesting to see his take on the development of LW Core :D

Kuzey

cresshead
02-18-2010, 01:20 PM
it can only be good news!

we've been missing a key ingredient in Newtek when Proton left..this should fill that gap back up and then some!

yeah lightwave9.x was Avatar but i'm sure well see Rob have a hand in both lightwave in studios for current and near term productions looking to emulate the VAD system/workflow as well as helping shape/steer how Core is developed as well.

this is really a dream ticket item..Newtek totally hit the Bullseye on this one...with all three darts!

lardbros
02-18-2010, 01:51 PM
Wowsers... very interesting news there Cress... if only i was going to Siggy this year... trust me to go the year everyone pulls out, last years was a bit of a washout.

CGI Addict
02-18-2010, 01:54 PM
OK, now I believe Newtek is seriously try to move forward. Congrats to both Rob and Newtek.

Kuzey
02-18-2010, 01:58 PM
Rob did say that he was excited about CORE. So THAT is a plus! :thumbsup:

Yes indeed...I was just wondering if it was from an insiders view...that he actually tested it etc. or not :D

Kuzey

OnlineRender
02-18-2010, 02:07 PM
easy tiger !

smart move: Director of Entertainment and Media Development. does that mean were going to get kick *** videos ?

Cameron Directs Core Launch 2 . now that's contacts :rock:

jayroth
02-18-2010, 02:13 PM
Yes indeed...I was just wondering if it was from an insiders view...that he actually tested it etc. or not :D

Kuzey

Rob has been aware of CORE developments for some time, and CORE has influenced his decision to join the team. Just as much Rob, is one of the more prolific LightWave boosters in the production community, and his experience with Avatar proves as much. We are grateful to all of the LightWave boosters in the community as well, and your efforts are appreciated.

My team is very excited to have Rob on board. His first week duties have kept him very busy, otherwise I suspect he would have already posted here. He will when he gets a moment, I'm sure.

In the meantime, I will make sure to pass along your good wishes.

Cageman
02-18-2010, 02:13 PM
A very pleasent and interresting move from both NewTek and Rob. I can only imagine good things comming out of this...

Kuzey
02-18-2010, 02:24 PM
Rob has been aware of CORE developments for some time, and CORE has influenced his decision to join the team. Just as much Rob, is one of the more prolific LightWave boosters in the production community, and his experience with Avatar proves as much. We are grateful to all of the LightWave boosters in the community as well, and your efforts are appreciated.

My team is very excited to have Rob on board. His first week duties have kept him very busy, otherwise I suspect he would have already posted here. He will when he gets a moment, I'm sure.

In the meantime, I will make sure to pass along your good wishes.

Ahh..super duper :thumbsup:

It does make all the difference....knowing his excitement of Core is based on actual experience/knowledge...is very cool indeed!

Kuzey

SBowie
02-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Cameron Directs Core Launch 2 . now that's contacts :rock:Ummm, I think those negotiations are not yet finalized. :p

StereoMike
02-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Cool deal! Looking forward to Rob's posts!

caesar
02-18-2010, 04:15 PM
Best NT move since the new v9 team and CORE

Titus
02-18-2010, 04:41 PM
Ummm, I think those negotiations are not yet finalized. :p

And launch party costs $200 million

Netvudu
02-19-2010, 07:53 AM
sounds great. Letīs hope this helps improving the overall perception of LW from the sector.

OnlineRender
02-19-2010, 03:56 PM
this been posted ? http://www.yachtchartersmagazine.com/node/1290446 edit yes I think so ,same statement different website .

BeeVee
02-19-2010, 04:16 PM
I'm really pleased we made the headlines in Yacht Charter magazine... :rolleyes: :lwicon:

B

NanoGator
02-19-2010, 04:21 PM
Aw c'mon Ben. We've touched a lot of lives!

OnlineRender
02-19-2010, 04:22 PM
it's amazing what google can find ! . this image made me chuckle ....

http://mms.businesswire.com/bwapps/mediaserver/ViewMedia?mgid=216278&vid=4
Na'vi Polygonal Model in NewTek Lightwave Modeler OpenGL (Photo: Business Wire).

Soth
02-19-2010, 04:24 PM
I wonder if this news will make to CGSociety... :)

cresshead
02-19-2010, 04:34 PM
I wonder if this news will make to CGSociety... :)

it already did...it's on their news page and also has a topline graphic too.

wonders will never cease! :D

cresshead
02-19-2010, 04:35 PM
it's amazing what google can find ! . this image made me chuckle ....

http://mms.businesswire.com/bwapps/mediaserver/ViewMedia?mgid=216278&vid=4
Na'vi Polygonal Model in NewTek Lightwave Modeler OpenGL (Photo: Business Wire).

yummy!

note he's using XP and not blister!:devil:

Soth
02-21-2010, 09:07 AM
Hopefully nobody checks out the high resolution version - made me chuckle how bad that screenshot was inserted... ;)

Where you got hires version from?

OnlineRender
02-21-2010, 10:48 AM
http://eon.businesswire.com/portal/site/eon/permalink/?ndmViewId=multimedia_detail&newsId=20100218006067&newsLang=en&contentGroupId=1935832 :)

hence my chuckle ! :rock: