PDA

View Full Version : Camman

02-18-2010, 06:14 AM
Hi everybody! This is a video I produced in 4 days for testing solutions for rigging and compositing in lw. My main goal was to test the possibility of mixing IkB with standard ik/fk rigs, and LWF. Coming from Maya, I've to say that IkB is tremendously fun to use! It can speed up your workflow if well used. Sorry if the colors in the video are a bit washed-out, but it's 100 time smaller in file size than the original :) Also animation and rendering could have been better, but I had to do this while I was normally working.. so I used some cheats (no gi, post mb ecc..)

Hope you like it! Cheers!

http://vimeo.com/9547484

SplineGod
02-18-2010, 10:55 AM
Nice job! :)
I agree, IKB is fun to use and fast

02-18-2010, 11:36 AM
Thanks Splinegod! :D
The only thing I noticed with Ikb is that sometimes it gives me some weird issues with keyframes.. don't know if is a problem of my sistem.. kinda have to figure it out..

SplineGod
02-18-2010, 03:13 PM
issues on the keyframes or in between keyframes?
I used to use it mixed with standard IK but I dont anymore because you lose the rest of the benefits of IKB such as animation management without having to use the dopesheet, copying poses and motion clips etc

02-18-2010, 11:59 PM
issues on the keyframes or in between keyframes?
I used to use it mixed with standard IK but I dont anymore because you lose the rest of the benefits of IKB such as animation management without having to use the dopesheet, copying poses and motion clips etc

Yes, after this testing I also believe that it's better to use IkB only then mixing it with standard rigs.. :agree:

santi_man72
02-21-2010, 04:25 AM
I would look at the feet contacts alittle bit more, looks like they slide a little in the floor. thats the part I always have found harder to do in IKB.

02-22-2010, 01:12 AM
You're right! But I did it only as a test, so I used half the keys I needed to do the job :dance:
I'm a lazy boy :D