PDA

View Full Version : need some help

Darthalimul
02-17-2010, 01:06 AM
:help:

I am new to the NewTek Discussion forms. So try and bare with me.

I am doing a short for a assignment at school. In my short in the first SC PNL 2. I chose to have my space ship rise from hidden slideing doors in the ground. The door is located in a zen garden and sand will be falling through the door as the ship rises out on a curcular platform.

What I need is to know is how to make the sand so that when the doors move the sand falls through.

Now I just want that section to be like this. And the rest to be how I want it.

Is this posible or Am I in way over my head?
If you know how to do this I would greatly apreciate a answer. If not thank you for reading this and I will most likely be asking more questions that can be answered.

I really apreciate this and Have a good day.:D

VonBon
02-17-2010, 01:39 AM
one way is to make a flat polygon perpendicular
(like a L shape but rotated) for each side of the door and use a
procedural texture on the flat polys then move the texture on the
appropriate axis "envelope"

copy the same texture you used to make an alpha so its see through.

Iain
02-17-2010, 02:48 AM
Particles? You can create points in modeler or use particle emitters in layout depending on how the effect is to work.
You can then trigger the particles to be affected by gravity at the frame when the door slides open or have the door and the particles take part in a collision (trickier to get right.)

There are various tutorials and threads on the subject but it always takes a lot of experimentation to get the effect you want.

Have a go at it and post your results for the best help. There are some genius fx guys here like Mr Rid.