PDA

View Full Version : Save Configs Button

UnCommonGrafx
09-06-2003, 10:52 PM
I just want a simple button that lets you save ALL the configs, at once, right after setting everything up. And I think it would be a good idea to have it in each of the setup panels, were they to stay separate as they are.
Ya know, The VT does this automatically after changing something.
Frustrated after a lot of setting up and Modeler going Boom,

BeeVee
09-08-2003, 08:17 AM
It kind of already exists Robert :) Just close down the applications and re-open them. LightWave updates configs when you shut down... :)

B

Lewis
09-08-2003, 11:18 AM
NO Ben that's not same :)

Robert's idea is cool. We need something like Adobe Premiere or so wich can set work area in numeruous ways and you just save that and load settings you like when you start to work. One pull down menu and hit OK you have all windows opened and buttons in place oyu wanted.

LW now can do that only by manualy backuping LW config files :).

Robert i suggest you that you copy your config files (for layout, modeler, hub..) into backup directory just in case you got crashor somehow delete actual configs then you just overwrite it with working config files :).

UnCommonGrafx
09-08-2003, 01:02 PM
BeeVee,
That is exactly what I am trying to avoid.
The way it's setup now, one must 'schedule' time to really do anything to the interface. That is to say, if you find that you need to add a button on the fly, you have to go through all that rigamarole to get it saved at the global level. (Note: the keyboard and menu panels have their own savers of which not I speak. ) You can't really pop in and out of this process in the middle of a creative moment.
:mad:
And if you use lw much, you also are aware of an ability for it to just ... disappear on you during this process. :rolleyes: :D

And Lewis, that's what I do already because it's how I manage my screamernet config file. I store the lot of them in a configs/[date] directory so I can follow what I had to what I have. It's been working well. And continues to do so.
This request came up after a particularly long setup session, lots of custom buttons, etc. and it all going bye bye, both modler and layout. Can you say, "Frustrated"?
As I see it its a workflow issue.

Zafar Iqbal
09-08-2003, 09:16 PM
We also need some Cancel buttons here and there.....