PDA

View Full Version : GAH! I really feel for you guys in the UK. Clearcast is a Beeotch

TheDynamo
02-16-2010, 11:13 AM
I'm running disclaimers for a project in After Effects that's supposed to run in the UK and at 31 points, the disclaimers are still too small. What the hell? I might as call them supers.

I would LOVE to hear some horror stories if anyone has some.

-Rob

biliousfrog
02-17-2010, 02:22 AM
The text is too small on a PAL system?...PAL has higher resolution than NTSC so it should have more headroom.

TheDynamo
02-17-2010, 10:37 AM
that's the logical bit of it. We're making the files in Pal Widescreen and clearcast is giving us hell for having the disclaimer font less than 16 scanlines (who uses those as a measurement tool anymore in a digital age?). The previous disclaimers we sent was a flavor of Futura Regular, 31 points.

That is roughly this size in a television commercial.

It was still too small, so I pushed it up to 34 in the hopes we can get them off our case. Ironically enough, the disclaimers are 8 points shy of the same size we're using for the 800 number on the commercial.

in a word, Blech.

-Rob

biliousfrog
02-17-2010, 11:39 AM
sounds like a PITA

TheDynamo
02-17-2010, 11:56 AM
Greek food has nothing to do with it :D. (I know, I know)

I wonder if it's common to have that size of disclaimers in the UK. I can't really say since we don't get ads from you in the US.

-Rob

biliousfrog
02-17-2010, 12:00 PM
They're usually small, fast and unintelligible