PDA

View Full Version : Live Set using After Effects CS4

Sawgrass
02-16-2010, 08:43 AM
Just wondering if there is a way to create live sets using Adobe After Effects CS4. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

joseburgos
02-16-2010, 09:21 AM
The LiveSet plug-ins are for Lightwave 3D and Aura VT only.

Sawgrass
02-16-2010, 01:57 PM
Jose,
Thank you for the quick reply. That is disappointing I guess since I have been pretty fluent with After Effects and have come up with fairly adequate rendering. So, I would actually have to buy Lightwave 3d in order to make my own? Just making sure before I make a HUGE purchase. Thank you for your patience and assistance. Take care.

SBowie
02-16-2010, 02:01 PM
Are we talking about LiveSets for SD TriCasters, or TCXD?

joseburgos
02-16-2010, 02:12 PM
OK I'll bite, TCXD.

SBowie
02-16-2010, 02:16 PM
Sure, you'll bite, Josť - but I was asking Sawgrass what his needs were. ;)

Sawgrass
02-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Steve,
Our school just recently purchased a Tricaster for our media productions so I am not sure what you mean. Can you explain the difference? I believe that the TCXD is not what we have. I believe, from what I am told, we have a Duo and I bet that makes a world of difference! I noticed that Live Sets were not spoken of for this model, however I was just wondering if it was possible in other means. Thank you very much for your expertise and patience. Take care!

SBowie
02-16-2010, 02:47 PM
TriCaster TCXD300 is the new HD model. Its LiveSets are a different generation than those used by SD model TriCasters. That said, neither Duo nor the base TriCaster model suport LiveSets at all, sorry.

Of course, you can create clips containing similar effects using other means, using compositing (AE) or 3D animation software, according to need. But these will need to be played as clips from the DDR, not as live processing of incoming video. One more thing, as this is new to you - even without LiveSet capabilities, you do have chromakeying, which will let you do 'weatherman' style effects.

Sawgrass
02-16-2010, 03:11 PM
Steve,
Thanks for the quick reply. We do have that capability. I just installed the lighting and put up the green screen. The lighting was setup per instructions from a local studio. I do have familiarity with AE CS4 and have done fairly good at creating 3d environments. I guess I will just have to utilize that and then save as avi in order to play in the DDR portion correct? Thanks again for taking the time to help out. Public schools really do not get a lot of funds (at least around this area) and I have been dipping into my own pocket to get this going. Take care!

SBowie
02-16-2010, 04:53 PM
I just installed the lighting and put up the green screen.Again, a scene that just involves a background and talent in front (weatherman style) can be done in realtime using TriCaster's keying ability. You can add an overlay (such as titles and/or graphics) above this, too. If you get into anything fancier than that, you either need to prepare it beforehand (as in AE) or a different model.

Stik
02-07-2011, 06:28 PM
Looking for liveset...I want to develop livesets for tricaster...I own lightwave but not tricaster

SBowie
02-07-2011, 08:16 PM
You can create LiveSets for SD model TriCasters (and VT) using LW or aura, with appropriate plugins. However, creating LiveSets for TCXD models requires a TriCaster TCXD.

joseburgos
02-08-2011, 06:53 AM
I also want to add, you should have a SD TC or a VT[5] to test your created LiveSets. Pretty hard to develop blind as so many things can go wrong.

Good luck,

Stik
02-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Ok...thanks...I would only be interested in HD version so I guess I will hunt for a used tricaster