PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing Presets

SeptemberSnow
02-15-2010, 11:58 PM
All of my presets in my preset window have disappeared. Now the preset window is named "Samples" and then it says "none".

This occurred after I attempted to install the IFW2 presets using the add plugins function from the utility menu. I got an error message every time I tried to install. I think I followed the instructions carefully from IFW2.

Anyway, now I can't find any plugins. They seem to be in their right spot in my computer's directory, but don't show up in Layout or Modeler.

I'm running 9.6. Strangely, this same thing is happening now when I went back and opened lightwave 9.2 and 9.3.

Are there any ideas about how I can get Layout to display my presets again?

Ivan_B
02-16-2010, 07:35 PM
I also would like to know why my presets are missing, after adding some free car paint presets.

probiner
02-16-2010, 08:08 PM
Jeez... you mac ppl simply don't have an easy life with things disappearing all the time...

Good Luck with that!

Kuzey
02-17-2010, 03:48 AM
All of my presets in my preset window have disappeared. Now the preset window is named "Samples" and then it says "none".

This occurred after I attempted to install the IFW2 presets using the add plugins function from the utility menu. I got an error message every time I tried to install. I think I followed the instructions carefully from IFW2.

Anyway, now I can't find any plugins. They seem to be in their right spot in my computer's directory, but don't show up in Layout or Modeler.

I'm running 9.6. Strangely, this same thing is happening now when I went back and opened lightwave 9.2 and 9.3.

Are there any ideas about how I can get Layout to display my presets again?

You can't scan Presets via the add plugins function...you need to scan the actual plugins, the ones that end in .plugin extension. With the presets folder you need to manually place it within in the SharedSupport/Presets/surface editor/Surface Preset/ directory.

Ok...that last part sounds like you have just the one preference file and it's getting overwritten by each version.

Create a folder called "Preferences" within the "LightWave3D 9.6" folder and copy your License.key to this folder. Now, rescan all your plugins with each version of LW, making sure you scan the right directory....that should fix it.

Hope that helps.

Kuzey

Kuzey
02-17-2010, 03:52 AM
I also would like to know why my presets are missing, after adding some free car paint presets.

Do you have two versions of Lightwave on you computer and one preference file...try the last bit of the post above.

And make sure you are saving your presets to the right directory...the one in LW9.6 folder and not in the one for LW9.3 etc.

Hope that helps,

Kuzey