PDA

View Full Version : ETA on 8? Also...

jhinrichs
09-06-2003, 06:05 PM
Maybe this question is answered elsewhere but I haven't come across it.

What is the approximate ETA of LW8? One month...two months...six months? The reason I ask is I am debating on buying the 7.5 upgrade. If 8 is coming really soon I will probably wait as opposed to installing 7.5 and then have to install 8 right away.

Also...

Will LW8 be compatible with Project Messiah (1.5.7)? I have a animation set up that I use fairly frequently for work.

thanks!

hrgiger
09-06-2003, 08:03 PM
Newtek, as in Chuck Baker, stated that 8 will be released in the fourth quarter of this year. That pretty much means between October 1st and December 31st. Lee Strannahan indicated that it might be before that but for a safe bet, I would stick with 4th quarter.

WizCraker
09-07-2003, 12:08 AM
actually it is a $495 upgrade. Newtek gave 7.5 for free to 7.0 owners they would not give a major point release for free. They need to make money in order to pay those hard working developers.

WizCraker
09-07-2003, 12:22 AM
Yeah that is if you have never owned lightwave before or you are buying another seat [license for another computer]. It is not however if you bought Lightwave before the special started that you would get a free upgrade.

Qexit
09-07-2003, 08:38 AM
The free LW8 upgrade for LW7.5 owners only applies to people who bought a full LW 7.5 license OR upgraded to LW 7.5 from an earlier version during the current round of Newtek Special offers that ends on September 15th.

There is an additional deal which meant you could upgrade from LW7.5 to LW8 in advance of the actual release for 340 + VAT which gave you a full copy of DFX4 + with two modules (manuals, CDs, etc) tied to your LW dongle and a free download of LW8 when it is released. This is the one I opted for.

Newtek are not giving away a free upgrade to LW8 to everyone who has a registered copy of LW7.5, just those who took advantage of a number of recent special deals.