PDA

View Full Version : Only 1 day left on my "trial version" of 9.6. HELP!!

safetyman
02-14-2010, 03:13 PM
I sent a message to the support email link, but I haven't heard back for several days --> My problem is this: my company laptop had to be re-imaged and when I went to re-install Lightwave 9.6 (downloaded from NewTek website), I get a Lock ID for my dongle which doesn't match the original number. It's a number that is associated with some beta version. I tried all my serial numbers (we originally bought 2 licenses) but nothing "unlocks" the software. LW is critical to my job, so I'm pretty desperate at this point. Any technical support people out there?

*Pete*
02-14-2010, 03:22 PM
write the code directly to lisence.key manually.

you will find it in newtek/lightwave/programs folder...and if it is not there, create a textdocument, type in the code and save it as lisence.key (in the programs folder)

*Pete*
02-15-2010, 03:10 AM
Oh Pete... that is just SO wrong.

It's license.key - at least it is here in the US. :)

Sorry, had to nitpick. :dance:

i always get problems with the placement of the c, i know its supposed to be there, but not sure where...

in Swedish, License is written as Lisens...so no help from there. :)

anyway....this is a typical problem and i often have to fix it manually when installing LW, perhaps NT should take a look at it.

safetyman
02-15-2010, 05:26 AM
I've tried that -- doesn't work. I still get the trial warning. It accepts my license key and writes it, etc. etc. but when I close and relaunch I still doesn't work. I can't re-register the new Lock Id either -- the website won't let me input the new number. When I put my original license.key file in there it tells me "key not found".

I spent all day yesterday rendering out things that I thought I'd need to get my work done, but you always forget something. I'm really distraught now. :(

archijam
02-15-2010, 06:06 AM
I would call NT and get someone on the line. They certainly won't solve your problem via the forums.

They must have this issue covered somehow. Good luck!

Captain Obvious
02-15-2010, 06:16 AM
in Swedish, License is written as Lisens...so no help from there. :)
Aaaactually, it's spelled 'licens' in swedish.

*Pete*
02-15-2010, 07:48 AM
Aaaactually, it's spelled 'licens' in swedish.

ouch....in Norwegian, then? :D

archijam
02-15-2010, 07:49 AM
Impostor! :D

sandman300
02-15-2010, 08:21 AM
If your running Vista right click on the layout Icon and run as administrator. This will let it activate LW. This might work for 7 but I've never tried it. Other than that make sure your not installing the beta if your not trying to.

safetyman
02-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Thank you, tech support! Just got off the phone with them and they issued me a new key. Whew! Kudos to NewTek tech support for making it painless and getting me back up and running.