PDA

View Full Version : Motion Mixer

yorkshiretyker
02-13-2010, 02:14 PM
I could use a bit of help, but please bare with me I'm still on a very steep learning curve :o)

I've set up a walk-cycle, and added it to motion mixer, where it seems to work really well. - I then made a motion where the character transitions from walking to standing still.

The problem is that when I add the "stop walking" motion into motion mixer my character jumps back to the place that he started walking from.

How can I get motion mixer to add that "stop walking" motion to the time-line and add it at the place where I want the character to stop walking?

Hope that makes sense?

Dodgy
02-13-2010, 08:05 PM
select the stop motion, and click the Offset Editor button. Play with the settings in there.

I usually have the actual movement on a parent null, and the walk cycle an animation on the spot, so it can be used anywhere.

tyrot
02-13-2010, 09:02 PM
dodgy will you ever give your animation wisdom in form of video tutorials. Including quick tips and tricks about your plugins... ? :)

SplineGod
02-14-2010, 01:14 AM
select the stop motion, and click the Offset Editor button. Play with the settings in there.

I usually have the actual movement on a parent null, and the walk cycle an animation on the spot, so it can be used anywhere.

Same here. It just makes it easier to reuse the animation. :)