PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play OGAME here?

JeffrySG
02-12-2010, 08:16 PM
I just started playing OGAME in the Barym Universe... anyone here play? I just found out about it.

OGame is a text-based, resource-management and space-war themed massively multiplayer online browser game with over two million accounts.[2] OGame was created in 2000 and is produced and maintained by Gameforge AG.[3][4]. OGame is available in multiple languages, and different nationalities have their own communities. The game does not differ between the nationality communities except in rare cases. Players are generally informed of news and other things such as changes in rules or new versions through the official forums [5].

As of 10 February 2010 (2010 -02-10)[update], OGame.org has a total of 49 universes, including eight universes using the new redesign[6]. More are being added periodically. OGame also hosts the "pr0game" universe, with different rules and 5 times the regular speed, currently listed on OGame.org as Universe 35.
http://www.ogame.org/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogame

It's pretty cool and the graphics have a very nice matte painting look to them. Just one more time waster for us.

http://i49.tinypic.com/23u52xx.png

http://i45.tinypic.com/19w8ww.png

http://i50.tinypic.com/35ddvzr.png

calilifestyle
02-12-2010, 10:55 PM
Nope never heard of it ... but I'll bite.

JeffrySG
02-12-2010, 11:17 PM
Oh yeah. It's free too. You can pay for some extra benefits but you don't need to to play.

Stooch
02-16-2010, 12:44 AM
Id play it just to stare at those badass paintings. then again, im kind of busy with the beta of bad company 2

calilifestyle
02-16-2010, 12:49 AM
it slow game you really don't need to be around for most of it..

BeeVee
02-16-2010, 01:13 PM
I imagine it gets somewhat faster paced once you get to the stars, but right at the beginning you are just waiting! It's a good game to play at the end of the night, so you can leave it building up resources overnight...

B

JeffrySG
02-16-2010, 07:41 PM
I imagine it gets somewhat faster paced once you get to the stars, but right at the beginning you are just waiting! It's a good game to play at the end of the night, so you can leave it building up resources overnight...

B

Yeah, definitely... I just usually leave it open in one window and check the status of a few things a few times during the day. It's kind of the thing you can check while you wait for a big file to save or for a quick render to finish. It shouldn't eat up a ton of time as you really can't do very much at once. I've been playing for the past week or so and I'm still building resources and started doing some research into different technologies now too.

archijam
02-17-2010, 07:14 AM
dajinni, Electra.

Jeff! Start a LW alliance. I'll join. :)

JeffrySG
02-17-2010, 09:02 AM
dajinni, Electra.

Jeff! Start a LW alliance. I'll join. :)

Ok. I would think of doing that. I'm playing in the Barym universe and the country I picked was the UK not the USA so if you want to join up with an alliance it will need to be in that specific universe and country. :)

I'd want to get a little more read up before setting it up though. But it would be cool. :)

archijam
02-17-2010, 10:58 PM
ok .. dajinn, barym, 2:334:4 ;)

linksys
02-17-2010, 11:51 PM
Yeah, definitely... I just usually leave it open in one window and check the status of a few things a few times during the day. It's kind of the thing you can check while you wait for a big file to save or for a quick render to finish. It shouldn't eat up a ton of time as you really can't do very much at once. I've been playing for the past week or so and I'm still building resources and started doing some research into different technologies now too.

I played Ogame in a alliance 2 years ago and yes if you just started playing its somewhat slow. But as soon as you get out of the noob status the fun begins when all those Highrank players come after your resources and begin to farm you :D
A good tip is to get 1 or 2 moons shot as soon as possible and for sure saving, saving, saving.:thumbsup:
It also can be frustating when you get raided all the time... you come back 1 minute to late to have a look for your over night saved fleet and she is gone.:D

I quit playing after i really spend to many hours on the game and it kept me away from doing other things. It isnīt a problem on the early stages but the bigger your Fleet gets the more hours you have to spend on the game. You have to be carfull about that because its a slow process.

But yeah its a nice game.

JeffrySG
02-19-2010, 10:14 AM
I played Ogame in a alliance 2 years ago and yes if you just started playing its somewhat slow. But as soon as you get out of the noob status the fun begins when all those Highrank players come after your resources and begin to farm you :D
A good tip is to get 1 or 2 moons shot as soon as possible and for sure saving, saving, saving.:thumbsup:
It also can be frustating when you get raided all the time... you come back 1 minute to late to have a look for your over night saved fleet and she is gone.:D

I quit playing after i really spend to many hours on the game and it kept me away from doing other things. It isnīt a problem on the early stages but the bigger your Fleet gets the more hours you have to spend on the game. You have to be carfull about that because its a slow process.

Thats all really good info. Thanks. I didn't really think that the game would start to really eat up more time the more advanced your player got.

Emmanuel
02-20-2010, 09:00 PM
Awesome artwork !

JeffrySG
03-14-2010, 07:23 PM

OK, I totally see what you mean now... I only have three planets but even with all the time raiding it's eating up a lot more time than I imagined. I might try to turtle it up a bit. Not sure....

Hieron
03-14-2010, 07:38 PM
heh, I played a few text based games over the years. The longest of it was Utopia. I guess one of the older games out there and a very influential one some time ago.

At some point I was getting called out of bed at insane hours to make concerted attacks/defenses (to stay in the top of the charts) and it slowly dawned it was getting ridiculous :) Still, the game couldn't suck in toooo many hours since armies were often underway for 8 hours plus. Which was sort of the same when starting out and when near the end (after 3 months reset)

Then I tried Tribalwars for a bit, now that gets insane. If you want to be good, time spent grows exponentially and that's just bad game design.

So now I stick to games with quick result. Napoleon Total War if I want to kill thousands and BFBC2 when just a few will suffice and some chat is fun.