PDA

View Full Version : Very Simple - More presets!

starbase1
02-27-2003, 06:01 AM
For making people more productive fast, I think the simplest thing you can do would be to provide LW with a fully stocked set of preset shelves, straight out the box!

It was the single best thing (for me) since 5.6, and I learned a lot from examining the ones provided.

The guys writing the surfacing part of the software presumably try it out for realistic (and wierd!) effects, so why not release their work?

In some ways it's a bit sad when you see comments on how great a simple texture is in the gallery area - there really is no excuse for not providing a really good range of different glasses, metals, plastic, water etc.

The more distressed surfaces are particulalrly hard to get right.

Now I know that most of the seriously good guys will use maps for most stuff, but the huge range of options and settings inside the surfacing controls is time consuming to get to grips with.

Hell, have a competion with a small prize, metals one month, glass the next, or whatever. I suspect many would join in even if the prize was only a T shirt!

pixelmonk
02-27-2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by starbase1
For making people more productive fast, I think the simplest thing you can do would be to provide LW with a fully stocked set of preset shelves, straight out the box!

!

In the mean time, check out PresetCentral.com or Luxology.net for some free presets you can have today, without the wait!

starbase1
02-27-2003, 09:13 AM
Thanks - I knew about preset central, but not Luxology. I still think they should be provided as standard though!

Nick