PDA

View Full Version : Looking for art

Wordware
02-11-2010, 10:53 AM
My name is Tim McEvoy and I am an acquisitions editor with Jones and Bartlett Publishers (formerly Wordware Publishing). http://www.jbpub.com

J&B has a list of game programming titles coming out in 2010 and 2011 and we are looking for art to use on the covers. We're willing to look at anything you're interested in sharing, but we do not have a specific theme in mind. Obviously, scenes with characters are more appealing for the cover of a book on game programming, but all art is welcome.

No, this is not a paying gig and I'm not looking to commission any custom art for these titles. This is for your cool "pet project" that you work on for fun and might be interesting in showing off. It has to be original art and you have to own the copyright. We're not looking for exclusive use of the art, but we'll want to be able to include it on the cover and any marketing related materials we create for the book.

We'll give you cover credit for the art including a link to your web site if you have one. The cover will be plastered on all of the book sites including Amazon, Barnes and Noble, as well as the J&B site.

Basically we're offering some cool exposure for you and your art.

If you're interested, please contact me offline at [email protected] and we can discuss any questions. I'd also be happy to talk with you on the phone and we can set that up through my email.

Thanks,

- Tim McEvoy

shrox
02-11-2010, 12:10 PM
I am so there.

kurv
02-16-2010, 11:31 PM
Tim you removed my name from the book I worked on for 6 months in the catalog... so you and JB Publishing are no longer giving me credit... on a PAYING project yet your promising others credit here for a non paying one? :thumbsup:

And don't tell me it was a typo, as the book has been out for years... Amazon still has it correct. Does Robin Wood know that her name was removed as well?

VonBon
02-17-2010, 12:49 AM
lol
:twak: bad publisher

linksys
02-17-2010, 01:34 AM
Tim you removed my name from the book I worked on for 6 months in the catalog... so you and JB Publishing are no longer giving me credit... on a PAYING project yet your promising others credit here for a non paying one? :thumbsup:

And don't tell me it was a typo, as the book has been out for years... Amazon still has it correct. Does Robin Wood know that her name was removed as well?

Failed Crowdsourcing?:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw3h-rae3uo

By the way Wes when can we expect to get the download Link for the Webinar "Stereoscopic 3D in LightWave 3D and Fusion - A Primer" by Kelly i paid for? Not that i am in hurry but the webinar was on 02.02.:thumbsup:

biliousfrog
02-17-2010, 04:42 AM
Can I has free b00kz? You know, it would be a cool way for you to show off your l337 publishing skillz! :)

Agreed, will work for books :thumbsup:

Wordware
02-17-2010, 08:41 AM

Good morning Wes,

Your name has not been removed from the book, but it does appear that whoever loaded the Wordware titles into the J&B web site did not use the editors. I have no idea why, but it was certainly not intentional and it has been corrected.

I know all of the royalty statements and 1099s for both Wordware and J&B have gone out for the last royalty period (the final statement from Wordware and the first one from J&B). If you have not received those statements or tax forms, email me directly at [email protected] and I'll find out why.

If you need anything else, the Wordware email address you have for me is still good and you also have my home and cell numbers. Feel free to give me a call. BTW, the author bio we have is from the book is dated. If you would like to update it, feel free to send me a new one.

If there are any Wordware authors who read this post and have similar questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at the email address above.

Thanks,

- Tim