PDA

View Full Version : Particle colors from texture

joelaff
02-09-2010, 10:08 PM
I need to have an object emitter particles, but I want those particles to have a particle color that matches the surface texture color at the emitted location. Then I want to have these be colored HVs.

Can you think of a way to do this? Not sure how to get LW to color particles to begin with (other than stuff like particle age gradients, etc.).

Thanks.

meshpig
02-09-2010, 11:32 PM
In the HV pane...

joelaff
02-10-2010, 12:07 AM
Thanks, but I am not sure if I made my desire clear enough. This coloration simply projects a texture onto the HV surface. It does not stick to the individual HVs. The HVs swim through it.

I need some way to stick the colors to the HVs at frame 0, and then move them apart, keeping their individual colors.

SplineGod
02-10-2010, 01:22 AM
I dont believe it works. There used to be a sticky front pforjection on the textures that never seemed to work wtih particles. You might try something that may work as a workaround...
Apply create a null and apply HVs to it. Set the color based a texture using world coords. Now FXlink the null to the particles. This will essenitally clone the null with the HV settings. It just might work for you.

meshpig
02-10-2010, 02:54 AM
?

3DGFXStudios
02-10-2010, 04:49 AM
Maybe you can use Dpont's Volume Node?

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/dpont/plugins/nodes/Additionnal_Nodes_2.html