Tha Saints!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-GueNOKolo

Titus
02-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Which "Saints" do you mean?

- Screw Sport/Vancouver and all the names and numbers you hear daily:

Tha Saints!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-GueNOKolo

You know, the Saints team from the American rugby :D.

zardoz
02-08-2010, 01:06 PM
I guess calling rugby to american football is as bad as calling soccer to football ahaah ;)

clagman
02-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Heh I forget sometimes how diverse this BB is. Here in the US, we had the final competition (superbowl) to name the best "football" team. The Saints (New Orleans), haven't won a single time since the team was created over 40 years ago. Actually never even did well enough to compete. So....there you go.

meshpig
02-09-2010, 01:23 AM
Heh I forget sometimes how diverse this BB is. Here in the US, we had the final competition (superbowl) to name the best "football" team. The Saints (New Orleans), haven't won a single time since the team was created over 40 years ago. Actually never even did well enough to compete. So....there you go.

OK, so post "Katrina", go the Saints!! We get so much sport here it's almost meaningless.

Philbert
02-09-2010, 06:46 AM
It made me sad to hear that this thing was the most watched thing on television in history.

Titus
02-09-2010, 07:14 AM
It made me sad to hear that this thing was the most watched thing on television in history.

It could be worse... like the American Idol final.

borkus
02-09-2010, 07:38 AM
Like Philbert said, it's sad that with all the problems that we have in our country and the world, something as meaningless as a sports event can bring the populace together... While I understand that football is a past-time for a lot of people, I still look at it that we could use this passion in a way to further ourselves in a lot of ways. I feel an off-topic rant coming, so I'll stop there and perhaps make my own thread...

Philbert
02-09-2010, 07:53 AM
Boy, I was just thinking there were better things to watch on television.

Chris S. (Fez)
02-09-2010, 03:04 PM
In this case I think the "largest audience" merely means most Americans shared the same social space as a TV broadcasting the game. It does not mean most people were watching...

At the 2 parties I dropped by 90% of people were doing anything BUT watching the game. Conversely, every time the commercials came on someone would shout "commercials!" and people would come running... and then ***** about how lame the ads are this year.