PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Alert: Rendering Complete?

BlueApple
02-06-2010, 05:46 PM
A while back there was discussion about an iPhone application that would let you know when your rendering was complete on your computer. Anyone know if this was ever developed, or was it something Chilton threw out there as an idea but never got made?

Lightwolf
02-06-2010, 06:48 PM
You can use the Growl plugin that's a part of our free db&w Tools (see my signature) in combination with Prowl: http://www.tuaw.com/2009/07/08/push-growl-notifications-to-iphone-with-prowl/

(I haven't personally tried it, but I see no reason why it shouldn't work).

Cheers,
Mike

BlueApple
02-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Lightwolf:
I've already got your plugin and Growl working together, and am going to buy Prowl now. Thanks for your advice, and the great plugin.

BlueApple
02-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Awesome. The whole thing works beautifully together. Thanks again, Mike.

Lightwolf
02-07-2010, 01:58 PM
Cool, nice to hear.
Now I know of two people that actually use the plugin with Growl ;)

Cheers,
Mike

MentalFish
02-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Sweet mother of pearl, that is cool!

geothefaust
02-07-2010, 03:15 PM
I've been looking for something like this for Blackberry for a bit... Oh well.

Obviously Growl is mac only, does Render Audio Notifier work with the iPood & Prowl as well for a Windows solution?

EDIT: I take that back, it looks like there is a way to do this on Windows. Cool.

Lightwolf
02-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Obviously Growl is mac only, does Render Audio Notifier work with the iPood & Prowl as well for a Windows solution?
The Render Audio Notifier uses a completely different mechanism that's been a part of windows for ages.

There's also a port of Growl for Windows, last time I checked it was still early though and a bit wonky (plus .NET based which makes it harder to interface with).

Cheers,
Mike

archijam
02-07-2010, 04:20 PM
+1 ... Works great.
Just remember to turn off every other growl compatible app, or you'll go nuts :)

inquisitive
02-11-2010, 09:25 PM
I was wondering if there was a growl like version for Linux - posting the link here so I don't forget :)

http://specto.sourceforge.net/