PDA

View Full Version : "align to path" (my car run towards)

pat-lek
02-05-2010, 03:00 AM
Hello,

I have a little problem with "align to path", my object don't run in the good direction, how can i rotate it, i want to rotate it on 180.

I can't turn it with the rotate tool, i don' t want to turn it in the modeler, because it' s a car with a separate character which is parentig to the car.

Lewis
02-05-2010, 06:31 AM
why can't you rotate it with rotate tool in layout ?

OnlineRender
02-05-2010, 06:41 AM
attach a null to the object

pat-lek
02-05-2010, 06:45 AM
I can't rotate the object, after apply on the objct:

Heading limits > heading controller> align to path

And

Pitch limits> pitch controler > align to path

And my object turn alone on himself, and change his direction for the bad direction. I need to turn it on 180 but, the rotate tool is blocked

UnCommonGrafx
02-05-2010, 07:00 AM
Why wouldn't the null work? Just make use of it at your impasse: when you are blocked, rotate the null and the car should follow.

colkai
02-05-2010, 07:01 AM
As OnlineRender has said, use a null, parent the car to the null, then have align to path on the null. It will allow you to do thinks like bank / pitch the car over and above the motion of the null.

pat-lek
02-05-2010, 07:23 AM
Ok, i must trying, but i must to redo the path with the null (?); i have doing a null with shape "box",

And if it' s to hard for me, i just doing all with key framing... there is some relief on the road.

OnlineRender
02-05-2010, 09:18 AM
your native French would be easier ! that way Beevee can respond with the answer :D

pat-lek
02-05-2010, 09:38 AM
your native French would be easier !

Sure!, i do like i can, trying to understand the answer, like the others trying to understand my question.

SteveH
02-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Rotate your car 180 degrees in modeler.
Then in y0ur scene the car will follow your path headed in the right direction. :thumbsup:

UnCommonGrafx
02-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Save the motion of what you have now.
Load it onto a null.
Clear the motion on your object and make it a child of the node.
When it shows that stuck moment, go back five frames and make a keyframe for the object.
Make a keyframe for the end of the problem area.
Clean up the problem area.

If you were doing it as we said, it wouldn't work for you, I'm sure. :)

pat-lek
02-08-2010, 05:07 AM
Sorry, but i have doing all by keyframe.

I do not turn my car in the modeler, because, this car is used in antother scenes; and had a character wich is parenting to the car in somes scenes.

So, i had prefer doing all with the key frame.

Lewis
02-08-2010, 05:14 AM
Save car with different name in LWmodeler and it'll stay Ok for another project.

BTW i prefer to copy objects to separate folders per project so in that way i can't accidentaly "screw" model for some older scene/project.