PDA

View Full Version : delete a surface for color in modeler or surface editor

lreyes
02-04-2010, 11:36 PM
How does one delete a surface in modeler and surface editor? I made a new object and rename it and save it, but there is an old surface name in modeler suface list and the object is not there anymore since I did not want it in my new object.

meshpig
02-05-2010, 12:15 AM
Un check "make default" in change surface... in a given session the last assigned will be default for new objects too.

lreyes
02-05-2010, 12:45 AM
Thanks Meshpig, I will try it now

lreyes
02-05-2010, 01:05 AM
where is the Change surface button I am using windows lw 9.6

Sensei
02-05-2010, 01:58 AM
q shortcut.

colkai
02-05-2010, 04:39 AM
If the surface is in the list, even if you don't want it, first check no polys are assigned to it by checking the stats in the surface editor.
If it says zero polys, then nothing is actually using it, but modeller will not clear unused surfaces. You at least need to close and re-open the object.
However, if you load the object up in layout, the unused surface will not show up, if I recall correctly, there is a plugin to delete unused surfaces floatign around someplace should you wish not to reload your object.

(In the past I think you even had to exit modeller to drop the list, though I may be mistaken there).
EDIT: Doh! - It's only one by Sensei hehe :)
http://www.trueart.pl/?URIType=Directory&URI=Products/Plug-Ins/DeleteUnusedSurfaces