PDA

View Full Version : LW 8 SDK Visual Studio .NET extensions

WizCraker
09-05-2003, 09:40 PM
Sure would make it easier to set up a project if you could distribute the SDK with VS .NET extensions. Every other major SDK out there has this ability and I think Newtek should do this as well.

amorano
09-06-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by WizCraker
Sure would make it easier to set up a project if you could distribute the SDK with VS .NET extensions. Every other major SDK out there has this ability and I think Newtek should do this as well.

What exactly do you mena by extensions? I am currently running my plugins through VS.NET using C++, something you aren't supposed to be able to do.

WizCraker
09-06-2003, 12:15 PM
Oops I got confused there for a moment. Managed extensions would be nice too but what would be good would be a plugin Wizard for VS .NET, I hate adding everything by hand.

amorano
09-06-2003, 01:20 PM
Oops I got confused there for a moment. Managed extensions would be nice too but what would be good would be a plugin Wizard for VS .NET, I hate adding everything by hand.

Well, I have a basic framework I made so I can just copy the folder with the framework and then rename the project file whatever I want. The compile/link settings are set with MS's enironment varaibles so all the output, plugin file, etc... are named whatever I have the solution/project set to.

No need to add anything other than additional libraries if I need them.

I will upload the project file folder for you to check out. The things you will have to change are the location of your LWSDK. Most notably the Additional Include Directories, under Linker->General and the Module Definition File under Linker->Input.

Other than that, just resave the project, copy the folder and rename it as appropriate.

Basic LW Plugin Framework for VS.NET (http://www.onarom.com/lwframework.rar)

Also to note, I don't use the MODLIB (much anymore) so if you want to add that to the basic framework, if you use it a bunch, or anything else for that matter, best to do it beforehand.

WizCraker
09-06-2003, 06:07 PM
amorano,

Thanks for the Basic Framework I'll give it a try. When 8 comes out if it does not have a wizard I just might have to break down and write one.

amorano
09-06-2003, 06:21 PM
amorano,

Thanks for the Basic Framework I'll give it a try. When 8 comes out if it does not have a wizard I just might have to break down and write one.

Yeah, I don't think you should hold yer breath on that one. The yahoo dev list would/should have already been hit a few times by the new coders with some either A) questions on what is needed, or B) forthcomming on some of the new structure changes in prep for updating plugins.

Sorry to say, it seems they just don't give a F about what SDK people are doing.

Glad to have helpped in the meantime.

WizCraker
09-07-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by amorano
Sorry to say, it seems they just don't give a F about what SDK people are doing.

Glad to have helpped in the meantime.

Yeah I hear you on that one.