PDA

View Full Version : Selecting points in Modeler issues?

tchyfeeley
02-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Hi all....I'm still fairly new to Lightwave, but I just installed 9.6 and when I right-click and circle points I want to select....I don't get the nice light blue selection line like on the machines at school.
Is there a configuration setting for this?
All the points select just fine, but I can't see where I'm drawing the line

Animapper
02-04-2010, 06:54 PM
Welcome aboard tchyfeeley!

Make sure you are in the right mode when making your selection. Look in the lower left hand corner and make sure Points is the mode you are in.

Ciao,

tchyfeeley
02-04-2010, 07:06 PM
I'm in the correct mode for certain. The points I circle are selected and I can go about manipulating them as normal.

RudySchneider
02-04-2010, 08:31 PM
May not be your problem, but I had an issue with my mouse settings that screwed this up for me. I simply selected the default mouse settings (turning off things like acceleration detection), and that took care of it for me. I've also heard of folks having Open-GL issues.

Myagi
02-04-2010, 08:57 PM
It's most likely not it, but in Display Options there's Tool Color, make sure that one is the right (cyan) color.

BeeVee
02-05-2010, 01:33 PM
And I would check your video card drivers first off if you are on a Windows machine.

B

Tobian
02-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Sometimes the display can wig out a little and even when you've just selected something, it doesn't show as being selected until you refresh the screen, by, for example, hitting the '0' key (zero) to flip the display to full screen, and back again. I find that helps if the display becomes garbaged too, which it does sometimes.